Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glossary in .chm file

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2010 Sep 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone:

I'm using RoboHelp HTML, ver 8.0.2.208, with other users in a version controlled environment.

I have created a .chm file but the glossary and glossary tab do not appear in the file.  I do have the glossary populated with terms and info but when I generate the .chm, there's no glossary tab and hence no glossary info.

I do have a glossary listed in the HTML Help Options-Microsoft HTML Help window before I generate but no luck with it appearing in the resulting .chm.

Any ideas?   Thank you so much for any help/input.  I really don't know what I would do without this forum -- it's been a lifesaver!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

First, check to ensure your Window definition has the Glossary enabled. Assuming it is, the next step is to try creating a new Window definition. Then configure the SSL to point at the new definition. If that still doesn't coax it to show, try creating a new layout. Just right-click in the SSL pod and choose to create a new layout.

Don't copy the layout as it would be like cloning a cow with a birth defect. You would likely bring the birth defect right into the clone! Best practice is to create it from scratch.

Keep us updated on your progress... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Please forgive the stupid question:  But how do I configure the SSL to point at the new definition?

I appreciate the help, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2010 Sep 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked!!   Thank you, thank you for all of the help.  I now have two projects with two glossaries, life is good.

Now, if I can just figure out why I have topics that keep disappearing...but for now I'm basking in the glow of having glossaries.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2010 Nov 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Rick,

I, too, cannot generate a glossary in my .chm file, even though I have terms defined, and I *think* the glossary is enabled (can generate a glossary if I choose WebHelp, anyway). I am not sure where to go once I right-click Windows and then select New Window. I don't know what to select in the Window Properties dialog, so under the Properties section, I selected all the check boxes, and saved it. I went right-clicked Microsoft HTML Help, selected Generate, and I could not select my new window. My only choice was <default>. Any assistance would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

- Not Richard

Update: figured it out. I had not right-clicked Microsoft HTML Help and selected Set as Primary Layout. Everything made sense from there on out, and my glossary displays!

Message was edited by: Richards_Daddy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp