• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash won't update in Firefox

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2010 Sep 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, whenever I try to update to the newest version of Flash, it downloads fine and FF says it's been installed, but when I check, I still have 10.1.82.76...says that in FF and in the programs section. It's not just one computer either, it's doing it on all three of my machines. On one machine, I uninstalled Flash but  can't reinstall, as now it won't let me. Keeps saying I need a plugin. So please don't suggest uninstalling. I've tried that one too many times already. IE is fine and updated on all three machines easy

All I wanted was the new version of Flash for FF. Now I'm stuck with the old version on two computers and no Flash at all on another one. This is all just happening with FF, IE is fine. I've tried the manual method on the laptop that won't let me install....no luck

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Btw, this is happening exclusively in FF 3.6.10 with:

Laptop: Vista/32 bit

Desktop: Windows 7/64 bit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the first thing I would need to know is what Flash Player files are actually Installed. Let's take one computer at a time.

As you have listed them:  The first one is #1, #2, #3 in that order please.

Desktop: Windows 7/64 bit

#1. Go to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash  Open Flash and post back all files listed. Right click on the NPSWF files and then click on Properties in order to obtain the version numbers. Then Using FF, check in the plugins for the Shockwave Flash and let me know what version is listed.

What Anti-Virus do you use and are there any AV related addons/plugins/extensions installed? (#1 only)

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not exactly sure how to get to those files, but laptop #1 would be the one where I uninstalled and can't reinstall anyway. That's my biggest problem. It goes through the whole process.. downloading and all, says it's installed, but when FF restarts, I'm informed that I need to install a missing plugin. I have Microsoft Security Essentials and I've tried it twice with the real time protection turned off and it hasn't helped. FF add-ons shows that the DLM (getPlusPlus) is installed, but no Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Go to Start, Control Panel and either Add/Remove or Programs and Features and let me know if a DLM(download manager) and or a getplus or getplusplus is listed.

So in the plugins there is no Shockwave Flash. Now since there is getPlusPlus there, check in the addons and the extensions to see if there is a DLM Control or a get_atlcom Class.

Let me know on the above.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had success!  I downloaded the installer straight to the desktop and went from there. It installed easily. Previously, I had tried to do it from FF downloads. My fault. Still doesn't explain why flash won't update or install the regular way though..

Wouldn't it be a good idea now to do the same thing with the other two computers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, well great. For some reason depending on where you tried to Install FP with FF from it gets tangled up with that DLM and their add ons. It is not needed and that is why I suggest to use the Manual Installers instead. Why FF still uses it in their FP instructions, I don't know. Glad it worked for you.

Well if you used the same Installer procedure for the other two computers, then I don't see why not use what just worked on #1. I'm sure I would.

Thanks for posting back. I don't know if you want the 64bit beta or not. If you don't just use the 32bit browser to Install the 10.1.85.3.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines