• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with images

New Here ,
May 23, 2006 May 23, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am needing to find a (or a couple) cfx tags to allow me to work with images on my site. The first thing I need to do is upload an image to the server and add a record to the database of the file along with some input from the user about the file including caption. I also need to resize this file to a max attribute for one of the height or width. And lastly I need to make a thumbnail for the photo.

I want to use CFX_Image_MX that my host already has installed, but can not find any docs and the host is not very helpful with it. I am a intermediate user of CF and my goal is to make an admin area that will allow the user to edit photo details and add new. I want to do this without the use of a FTP to upload the image and then using the web to edit details. I want a one stop shop so to speak.

Can anyone help me out?
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until someone comes up with a better response, you might be stuck with what the rest of us call trial-and-error. There's (I hope) limited documentation which is a start - print that out and get ready to start appending your own notes.

I use to use CFX_Image (or was it CFX_img?), but too often the thumbnail looked crappy and my client were not pleased. I've since changed the shopping carts so that the client can upload 2-3 graphics for each product and if anything comes out crappy its within their power to change it.

Your ambitions it seems are notable, don't forget to turn a profit.

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation