Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH8 Repeated topic name in TOC

Contributor ,
Sep 22, 2010 Sep 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a project that mimics and online procedure that has a repeated step in it. I therefore have the topic appear twice in my table of contents (ToC). Even though I used two different topics and, therefore, html pages to represent each occurrence of the topic the ToC would still highlight the first topic name in the list even though the user was on the second one.

E.G, suppose the ToC listed Topic1, Topic2, Topic3, Topic4, Topic3

When going to the first Topic3 RH highlights the Topic3 in the ToC. When I click on the second Topic3 it opens up okay but RH8 highlighted the first occurrence of Topic3.

To get around this I put an extra space at the end of the ToC entry for the second occurrence. Has anyone else had a similar thing happen in the table of contents and, if so, how did they get around it?

Apologies if this has been posted before but my search didn't turn up anything. I thought it was worth posting as the solution seems to work and someone else might be having a similar issue.

Greig

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Assuming you have two completely different topics and that you have taken care to ensure that the TOC is indeed pointing to each one independently, this should not be happening.

I'm guessing that both topics appear identical, no? And if so, it's likely difficult to tell that you are linking to the correct one. I suppose to troubleshoot, I might edit each topic to make something slightly different, yet obvious. Then compile or generate and examine the result. My own suspicion is that you will discover that even though you have two different topics, you are actually linking to only one of them from the TOC.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One would think that Rick!

And it does seem the obvious mistake. I checked the properties of each TOC entry and they were each pointing to a different file. But perhaps it was just one of those things and generating the project again fixed it up.

I did originally use the one topic with two ToC entries but I now go down the snippet path and have two actual topics if I need them to appear twice.

Thanks for the reply. Your suggestion is something to look out for.

Greig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp