Exit

Swf file not displayed in Published Presentation

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2010 Aug 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Could anyone help me please.

I have a created a swf file (using Captivate v4, published with Actionscript version 2 selected) and have added it into my Powerpoint (v2002) presentation using the Insert Flash option on the Adobe Presenter (v7) menu. At this point all seems to be ok. When I go into Slideshow mode it looks and works fantastically. The problem is after I have published it. I run the presentation and the slide where I inserted the swf file is completely blank. Nothing appears. I noticed on one of the other discussion threads it was mentioned to remove the skin from swf file, which I have tried.

Can anyone tell me what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2010 Sep 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently encountered something similar to this. I have an inserted AS2 Flash built animation. Simple stuff. It wouldn't play after publishing. It would play in PowerPoint preview however. Strangely, if I played it in preview the last frame was visible when published.

I use MS Office 2007. Initially, the original presentation was a .pptx file. When I saved it as a .ppt file and published, the animation played just fine.

The problem began after Flash Player 10.1 was released. I don't know if that actually had anything to do with the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2010 Sep 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for that. Will check it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 23, 2010 Sep 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We just recently ran into the same problem.  From our review, iit appears that the flash objects are not picked up in the viewer.xml file when they are published.  Anyone has any ideas as to why the .ppt format will work and the .pptx format does not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources