• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to place a border around the MiniTOC placeholder?

Sep 22, 2010 Sep 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to find the style in the CSS for the ph-style for the minitoc. 

<?rh-placeholder type="minitoc" ph-style="color:#0000ff;font-family:Verdana;font-size:8pt;font-weight: normal;font-style: normal;text-decoration: none;"

list-type="none" caption-style="color:#236099;font-family:Verdana;font-size:9pt;font-weight: normal;font-style: normal;text-decoration: none;"

margin=";;;" min-heading-level="h2" max-heading-level="h6" flags="3" ?>

Is there a way to hand code the border in the html view? I tried a few things, but it did not work.  If someone more proficient at RH or HTML could help, I would appreciate it.
Thank you.
minitoc.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2010 Sep 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put it in a table. See the RoboHelp Tour on my site.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of a table, as suggested by Peter, we use the DIV text box method with a float: right attribute. We haven't done any customization as to backgrounds or borders, but I believe you should be able to get what you want by working in the .CSS DIV settings. This also allows us to place the breadcrumbs flush left and have the "In This Topic" DIV text box flush right. (Both placeholders are conditionalized for Online only, in case we need to produce Word/PDF output for internal review purposes.)

==============

AT THE TOP OF EACH TOPIC (before the breadcrumbs placeholder, horizontal rule, and H1 heading)

<?rh-cbt_start condition="Online" ?><div id="navright">
<?rh-placeholder type="minitoc" ph-style="font-family:Verdana;font-size:8pt;font-weight: normal;font-style: normal;text-decoration: none;"
  list-type="none" caption="In This Topic" caption-style="font-family:Arial;font-size:8pt;font-weight: normal;font-style: normal;text-decoration: none;"
  margin=";;0px;0px" min-heading-level="h2" max-heading-level="h2" flags="3" ?>
</div><?rh-cbt_end ?>
<?rh-cbt_start condition="Online" ?><?rh-placeholder type="breadcrumbs"
ph-align="0" usetopicformat="0" sep-char=" &gt; " ph-style="font-family:Tahoma;font-size:8pt;font-weight: normal;margin-bottom: 2px;font-style: normal;text-decoration: none;" ?>
<hr margin-bottom="2px" style="color: #c0c0c0; background-color: #c0c0c0;"
  size="1" width="50%" align="left" /><?rh-cbt_end ?>
<h1>Heading 1 Text</h1>

==============

IN THE .CSS STYLE SHEET

div#navright {
     float: right;
     padding-top: 0px;
     padding-right: 8px;
     padding-left: 10px;
     padding-bottom: 10px;
     width: auto;
     margin-left: 15px;
     margin-bottom: 15px;
     margin-top: 5px;
}

Good luck,

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just a tought: That's a lot of code in each topic Leon. Personally, I put the MiniToc in a snippet and put the snippet on each page. Easier to maintain if the formatting has to change.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There...will...be...no...changes.

I WILL NOT ALLOW IT!

But, seriously, Willam, the idea of combining snippets with placeholders and conditionals seemed a little scary to me. Besides, I have my magical FAR wand to make changes when needed.

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. I have the MINITOC on a master page instead of a snippet. That has seemed to work fairly well.  I justed containing type border around it to make it stand out a little more visually and provide a hard separation from the body content. I tried using the DIV for the positioned text box, but it did not work properly. I changed the HTML behind it and it kept WHACking out.

I will try the code and see what happens.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just added these lines to the CSS I provided earlier:

border-style:solid;
     border-width:medium;
     background-color:#e0ffff;

and got this (admittedly ugly, but OK to prove the point):

div_test.gif

I'm not sure what you did to the HTML to "WHACk it out," but I know the HTML and CSS works in our 2,581 topics.

Hmmm...you didn't place that HTML inside the <HEAD></HEAD> section, instead of just under the <BODY > tag, did you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and did you place that CSS code into the right CSS style sheet (the one actually associated with the topic)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter...

Wait, is this the same Peter who's supposed to be on holiday this week?

What's up with that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL... I think Peter was suffering withdrawal. Or, Gill (Peter's lovely wife) was out of the room so it was safe to connect briefly! At least that's how it works for me.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah...premature, brief connection, eh?

I think there's a pill for that, these days.

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indeed I have a special E-Mail purgatory where advertisements for such pills end up and I never have to see them!

Of course these ads also offer new abilities. I can grow hair on rocks. I can collect vast millions from my long lost uncle on his death bed in Nigeria. And with this other nifty little pill, certain body parts will magickally change size or behavior!

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp