Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

client-server media relay using RTMFP in FMS 4

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2010 Sep 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to make clients to connect FMS4 server over RTMFP for my video conferencing application.

It is basically a client-server media relay application in which clients with webcam/mic connect the server and the server relays video/audio data to other clients. This application is working perfectly with FMS 3.0 but it was RTMP rather than RTMFP - I simply replaced 'RTMP' with 'RTMFP' in netConnetion and tried to test in Flash Media Development Server 4.0, but it is failed to make a connection from a client - it was working after replacing it back with 'RTMP' of course.

I believe server-client media relay is possibe using RTMFP in FMS4 because Adobe said:

"Although RTMFP is often used for peer-assisted networking applications, you can use RTMFP in unicast, broadcast, and multi-point publishing applications as well. Simply replace the RTMP protocol in the NetConnection.connect() call with the RTMFP protocol:" in

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flashmediaserver/devguide/WSa4cb07693d123884520b86f312a354ba36d-7fff.htm...

Do you think RTMFP is only for peer-to-peer/multicasting application rather than traditional applications using client-server relay?

Please give any advices.

Thanks!

Michael

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 01, 2010 Oct 01, 2010

after re-reading the comments in Adaptor.xml for ...HostPort, you need to say something like

<HostPort public="68.64.123.123:19350-65535">:19350-65535</HostPort>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been able to do RTMFP unicast without any problem.

Firewall issue perhaps? According to the docs, unless you've reconfigured the RTMFP port range FMS will redirect the connection to a port in the 19350-65535 range.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and remember, RTMFP uses UDP.  by default, ports 1935 and 19350-65535.

and if your FMS is behind a NAT, you will need to manually configure information about the translation in .../fms/conf/_defaultRoot_/Adaptor.xml in the Adaptor.RTMFP.Core.HostPortList area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2010 Sep 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, Michael.

As you suggested I modified the file:

<!--                                                                     -->
        <!-- If a core listens on host1:1005, its publicly advertised address    -->
        <!-- will be host2:4005.                                                 -->
        <!--                                                                     -->
        <HostPort>68.64.123.123:19350-65535</HostPort>
      </HostPortList>
    </Core>
  </RTMFP>
</Adaptor>

I added the server's public IP before colon and restart FMS, but no luck.

Before doing this, I got "172.40.100.12:19351" in NetLimiter which can capture my network traffic to the FMS server.

172.40.100.12 is the private IP Address that I got when I did ipconfig on the FMS server.

Please help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2010 Oct 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you sure 68.64.123.123 is the correct public (outside NAT) address?  i can't connect to that address with RTMP or RTMFP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Oh...  those IPs are fake ones. I modified them for security. BTW, Is it right position in the Adaptor.xml?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after re-reading the comments in Adaptor.xml for ...HostPort, you need to say something like

<HostPort public="68.64.123.123:19350-65535">:19350-65535</HostPort>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Michael,

You saved my day! Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines