Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Office 2010 Supported Now with Presenter 7.06

Sep 11, 2010 Sep 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is posted temporarily here:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/866/cpsid_86629.html

It will be posted on the official update site soon.

Please follow the directions there.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2010 Sep 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is now posted on the support page now. I'll be testing today to

see if it will fix the 2010 issue. Fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2010 Sep 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my IT techs was able to get it to work, and even bundle the updates into one

exe package, at least things will pass until Adobe comes out with version 8.

It is nice to work with presenter and have office 2010. What a headache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried the 7.06 upgrade, but it didn't work for me.  Presenter is still a no-show.  I check the add-in, and it is still listed in disabled add-ins.  Under COM add-in management, it is not clicked.  I click it, but under it, it says "unloaded."  It's been that way. 

I just tried to start using Presenter from the elearning suite 2.  It also wouln't install or accept the serial #.  I had to install it as a trial.  I did all the updates, and it still won't accept install.  So, I'm not sure what in the world is going on with Presenter 7 in eLearn suite 2.  Everything else in the suite works great.

Any direction on what I should do would be appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that.

I'm not in Technical Support but this is what I would personally do if this happened to me.....

1. I would completely remove Presenter off the machine, then reboot

2. I would completely remove Office 2010 and reboot

3. Re-install Office 2010 and get any updates

4. Reinstall Presenter 7.0, then Presenter 7.01, the 7.02 then 7.05 and then finally 7.06 (I know this is not the best way..)

5. Then reboot

See if that fixes it.

I am not familiar with the licensing of eLearning Suite 2 but I wonder if there is a note that tells you the serial number for Presenter that ships with it.....I think you have to use a different serial number for Presenter but that should come with the product (I'm not with that group inside Adobe so I'm guessing)

If none of that works, then I do suggest you escalate a technical support call with Adobe Support and get them to diagnose what could be happening.

I have seen whereby Office sometimes gets corrupted in the COM add-ins area and so reinstalling fixes that.  COM is where we add Presenter and if there is something wrong there then Presenter cannot run properly.

I hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I figured out what I was missing.  The Presenter Add-in was listed in the disabled add-in.  From the "manage" menu box, instead of clicking "COM Add-ins" (where it would show up "unloaded"), I selected the "disabled add-ins" from the manage drop down menu.  Once there, I was able to "enable" the Presenter add-in.  Then, it worked with the 7.06.

Now, I just have to run down my serial number from customer service

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 17, 2010 Sep 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System requirements

Adobe Presenter 7.0.5 must be installed before applying this patch. The system requirements for the Adobe Presenter 7.0.6 update are the same as those for Adobe Presenter 7.

Not particular useful, since the problem is that those of us with Office 2010 can't install the earlier version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 17, 2010 Sep 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to install Presenter 7.06 by installing Presenter 7.0, then 7.01, then 7.02, then 7.05 and then 7.06 and it worked just fine.

The key is you have to start with 7.0 so make sure you download all the versions and start at the beginning. Basically, all versions after 7.0 are minor updates to the code and not full installers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 01, 2010 Oct 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That has been fixed with this installer:

http://www.adobe.com/products/presenter/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 23, 2011 Jan 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still doesnt work without registry hack ..

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3422030#3422030

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 25, 2011 Jan 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please let us know which installer are you using to install Presenter

Are you downloading the same from www.adobe.com/products/presenter from under the "Presenter for Microsoft® PowerPoint 2010 - 32-bit only" heading or are you trying to install the same from some suite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 28, 2010 Sep 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New installer that supports installation on Office 2010 is available at

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 30, 2010 Sep 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm still unable to install Presenter for Powerpoint 2010. The installer complains that it cannot find an installation of Powerpoint in the system.

Uninstalling and reinstalling Office is not an option at this point. Is there any other suggestion as to might be wrong?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm replying to myself because I think I found the cause. My Office 2010 is the 64bit version and maybe Presenter only works with the 32 bit version. Can this be it?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presenter is 32 bit but suports 32/64 bit Windows. Adobe has posted a new installer that will work. When i get to the office i will post the link.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes thats correct. Current installer for Presenter supports only Office 32 bit, Office 64 bit is

not supported

However is should work fine on a 32 bit or 64 bit OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2011 Apr 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run into a gottcha with Presenter 7.06, Windows 7-64 and Office 2010 32-bit. We have 14 licenses for eLearning Suite 2 which, as you know, includes a version Presenter which will not install on Win7 with Office 2010. Having viewed the information about Presenter 7.06 I downloaded the .msi package. However, during the install I'm asked for my Presenter license. Obviously my license is for eLerning Suite 2....Presenter 7.06 will not accept my eLearning Suite license. So here I set; a very large sum of money invested in Windows 7 OS, Office Suite 2010 and eLearning Suite 2. Thus far all the Adobe apps seem to funciton fine with Win7/Office 2010. However, we rely heavily on Presenter to create training courses and though we purchased a valid license we can't install the product. Hasn't Adobe thought about or provided some work-a-round to those customers that purchased eLearning Suite 2, require Presenter 7.06, but can't install due to invalide license key errors? Any help would be greatly apprecitated.

P.S. I read about those that uninstalled Office 2010, installed Office 2007, Installed Presenter and all its updates. This was followed by uninstalling Office 2007 and reinstalling Office 2010. I can't imagine anyone taking that amount of time to get this little application installed on their system...Adobe has to have an easier solution.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2011 May 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Duck&Dive,

I believe when you try to install the presenter which came bundled with the elearning suite will not install and will pop up an error that, Presenter cannot detect powerpoint. If yes then you may need to play with some of the registry settings to install Presenter and then update it to the latest version 7.0.6 which support Office 2010 32-bit.

Thanks,

Ravi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 04, 2011 May 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To all trying to install Presenter using the eLearning Suite installer...this applies ONLY to those using the eLearning Suite installer:

Assuming you have done the following:

-       Installed els2 (Presenter was not installed or selected)

-       Now you are running the Presenter installer directly  - it will not accept els2 key as Presenter is installed silently using a volume license key

-       Further, for els2, there was a registry fix for Office 2010; however, that will not work on Win7_64

This is what you need to do:

There is a modified registry fix and this is attached

1.     Uninstall any Presenter version present on the machine.

2.    Save and unzip the attached file anywhere on the desktop

3.    Double click on the .reg file and allow the registry update to happen

4.     Install Presenter 7.0.6 from our website here: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=153&platform=Windows

5.      Re-run eLS2 installer (provide the eLS lisc key)

Please contact Adobe Support if you have any issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2011 May 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information, but our mail server stripped the attached. Can you

provide registry update within an email?

Thanks,

l

Tom Patterson

Enterprise Business Services (EBS)

Learning Technology

email: tom.e.patterson@lmco.com

Phone1: 407-306-2136 Mon. Tues. Thu. Fri.

Phone2: 407-380-7091 Wed.

Fax: 407-306-5941

Cell: 407-312-2823

Proverb:

Tell me and I forget

Show me and I remember

Involve me and I understand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 04, 2011 Aug 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to run the 7.0.6 patch, I get a message that it is not a valid Win32 application.  I'm on a Windows XP operating system with Office 2010 installed on it.  Does anyone have any thoughts on why I'm getting this error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the 7.0.6 patch as an .msi file or are you running the upgrade

option in the Present help menu from inside PPT?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7.0.6 is not listed as an available upgrade from within the Presenter Help menu.  I've just downloaded the patch to a network drive and tried to run the patch from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joelle

Can you confirm if your WinXP is 64 bit or 32 bit version? If it is the former, pl. see this blog post - http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate/2011/06/adobe-presenter-installation-issues-on-64-bit-operating-systems.html

thanks

<NIRUPAM TEWARY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 11, 2011 Aug 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

GREAT NEWS ON THIS TOPIC:

ADOBE PRESENTER 7.07 IS A MAJOR UPGRADE AND FIXES A WHOLE LOT OF INSTALL ISSUES. PLEASE GET THE CODE HERE:

TAKE A LOOK DOWN THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE PAGE AND SEE THE LINK THAT DISCUSSES CURRENT CUSTOMERS DESIRING THE UPDATE. THAT IS A COMPLETE DOWNLOAD OF PRESENTER. JUST HAVE YOUR SERIAL NUMBER HANDY.

TAKE NOTE:

1- ADOBE RECOMMENDS PRESENTER 7.07, ADOBE CONNECT 8.1.2, AND ADOBE CAPTIVATE 5.5 AS THE COMBINATION TRULY DESIGNED TO WORK GREAT TOGETHER

2. THERE IS A TRANSITION FROM ACTIONSCRIPT 2 TO ACTIONSCRIPT 3 IN THESE PRODUCTS AND THAT IS WHY WE RECOMMEND MAKING SURE YOU USE THESE VERSIONS FOR THE VERY BEST EXPERIENCE.

Adobe Connect 8.1.2 is being rolled out throughout August. It was released yesterday for download for on-premise customers and you can download from this location which includes instructions:  http://se.adobe.acrobat.com/eightdot1dot2

(It assumes and requires that you have updated your Adobe Connect Server o version 8.1.1 first)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources