• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation Issues? A Checklist

LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2010 Feb 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many folk seem to have issues, when attempting to install Adobe products. This is a checklist of things to do, prior to attempting to install. It's general, and covers most Adobe programs.

1. run as Administrator
  2. Extract any archived downloaded file, including the FULL folder structure.
  3. install to C:\ only. You can do custom folders, from the default, but install on C:\. Also few Adobe programs do well with a full network installation.
  4. turn off all AV, pop-up blockers, spy-sweeping software
  5. turn off all firewalls, and lower the security settings, if necessary. Look for individual "safeguards," and turn those off - differs by OS
  6. have plenty of free space on your C:\
  7. check your OS's language and keyboard language against the language that you are using to install, and also the language that you DO install
  8. If installing from physical media, and you are having issues, try to Copy your DVD to your computer's HDD, and attempt to install from there.

Good luck,

Hunt

TOPICS
Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2010 Mar 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no change. 1155: error installing Microsoft .net frame work  File c:\users\ darryl\ desktop adobe\ preimuere elements 8 content\1033dotnetredist.exe not found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2010 Mar 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This THREAD might give you some tips on Net Framework.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2010 Apr 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to add another thing to check on - corrupt fonts!

Jeff Bellune just shared some info that these can halt the installation of Premiere, and you can also have too many fonts installed in the system.

Something to think about, and news to me.

Hope that helps others,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2010 May 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've done all of this, used CS4 cleaner, and then some.

i installed all other products fine, only Premiere CS4 is the issue.

There is a problem with Premiere CS4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2010 May 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As this is a general Adobe installation checklist, and if nothing works, it might be time to contact Adobe directly. Support for installation issues is free, but now that CS5 is out, I cannot comment on whether your issues with CS4 will be supported at all.

Good luck, and sorry that nothing helped.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 14, 2010 Jun 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

1)I would like to know that how are u installing the software, Is it through downloaded folder or any media.If it is through media(DVD) then , you can copy paste the complete folder on your hard drive and then try to install again.The best place would be Desktop.This could be an issue with the bad sector on the media.

2)Register the windows installer.

1. Click Start , and then click Run .
  2. In the Open box, type msiexec / unreg , and then click OK .
  3. Click Start , and then click Run .
  4. In the Open box, type msiexec / regserver , and then click OK .

3)Create a new user account as admin and then try to install from that account.

Try the above step one by one and see if it works.And possible, put the screenshot of this error message.And let me tell you that it is not specifically adobe error, it can occur with any software installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2010 May 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other thing to consider, when installing some of the larger Adobe programs, like PrPro, PrE, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc., is that you have enough defragmented free space on your C:\ for the installation. Whatever the stated minimum is, I would multiply that by 4x, as the minimum is basically what is needed to just install, but not to run the programs.

For a program, such as PrE, or PrPro, I would recommend at least 60GB of defragmented free-space, and more is not a bad thing. As HDD's get to about 70% of capacity, they slow down. That performance hit increases toward 100% capacity, where catasthropic failue can occur. Never fill up your HDD to 100% capacity.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2010 Sep 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to add another thing to be concerned with - other Adobe programs running, while you are attempting to install. Some, like Adobe Bridge will likely not show on the Desktop, but you can shut them down in Task Manager. Do this first, and check carefully for any other Adobe programs running in the background. Shut them all down. Then install.

Back in the "old days," most programs would install from Safe Mode, so many of the issues did not exist, as nothing else was loaded. Now, most programs will not install from Safe Mode, so one has to do some behind the scenes tweaking.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 24, 2010 Sep 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are a few links which might be helpful for quick reference:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/862/cpsid_86215.html - Error message when installing Premiere Elements on Windows XP (non-English OS)

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/863/cpsid_86374.html - Install Adobe Premiere Elements 9 | Windows | Mac

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/862/cpsid_86251.html - The message " A reduced set of content has been installed is displayed in Adobe Premiere Elements on Windows"

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/858/cpsid_85843.html - Troubleshoot installation problems Adobe Premiere Elements 9 Windows

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/858/cpsid_85844.html - Troubleshoot installation problems Adobe Premiere Elements 9 Mac OS

Hope having all these links handy in single page will help the users..

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2010 Sep 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great additions, Ankush. Thank you for the contributions.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2010 Sep 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is another consideration, when installing some Adobe applications. Some of these, like PrElements and Encore, have additional functional content.

With the download versions, there are usually separate files, which must be Unzipped, to be installed, like with the program. Note: with many programs now, there are four files in the download, two EXE files and two 7z (the archived files), and one does NOT have Unzip the archives, as the EXE files will do that for you. With older installation schemes, one did not have the separate EXE files, and one then needed to Unzip the 7z files, to access the executable files, so this will depend on which version, of which product you are installing.

The important part of the installation is that the program (the core application) MUST be installed before any of the functional content can be installed. The functional content cannot be installed until the program has been successfully installed.

Also, many products ship with both a Mac and a PC version on the discs. As an example PrE 9 ships with four (4) DVD's, two for the Mac, and two for the PC. One MUST choose the platform, and then install the program first. Once done, they would then insert the appropriate Functional Content disk and install that. One CANNOT install the Content first - the program MUST be installed first - then the Content. Many errors arise, because the user is trying to install the wrong platform version, or trying to install the Content before the program. Both of those methods is wrong. If one gets error messages, this would be the first thing to check - are you trying to install for the correct platform, and are you installing the program first?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2011 Jan 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VERY IMPORTANT - See Reply 11 first, as this will solve the vast majority of installation issues.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 10, 2011 Sep 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact issue with creative suite 5.5 - spent 2 days on this now

it gets to complete download then says not enough room for extraction  - I have vista - 140 GB free on C and 300 GB free on D

have done all the suggestions - that I can find -  no go- just does the same thing

will not let me delete and try to download to a jump drive - automatically goes back to  about 90 percent down then freezes on extraction and gives 101 error again

I would really like to trial this before I buy it - in fact will not buy if I can not trial

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2011 Sep 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, the extraction of the downloaded file takes a lot of HDD real estate, and the installation should go smoothly on C:\, but you might need to Extract to your D:\ and then install to C:\, where most Adobe programs really want to be installed.

From the error message, it sounds like there is not enough room. Also, consider that at about 70% of capacity, the HDD will slow down, and that slow-down will increase, as capacity is neared. Capacity should never be reached, as catastrophic failure can possibly result.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2011 Dec 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also see this Installation Forum for more info.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2012 Jun 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If one is installing from physical media, and it has become damaged, or ceases to function properly, these "tricks" might be helpful:

1. Copy the installation DVD to your internal HDD, and launch the installer from there. I would NOT Copy it to the Desktop Folder, but would create a New Folder, and name it something like "Premiere_Install." Sometimes, a file, that causes an issue when called from the installation routine, will Copy over just fine.
  2. Use a program, like the great, free ImgBurn, to Copy your installation DVD to a new DVD. Use high-quality blank media, such as Verbatim, Taiyo-Yuden, or Falcon Pro. Try to install from your copy. Sometimes, the byte for byte Copy process will get you non-corrupt files on the new disc.
  3. If you have more than one multi-drive, try installing from the other. I always build systems with at least two multi-drives and always choose different brands and models. Some multi-drives read some discs better, than another multi-drive. I have had several that would throw errors in my Plextor, but my LG would handle them just fine, and vice versa.

While none is guaranteed to fix things, they have worked for me, and for many others.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If one is downloading Adobe programs, and especially the trials, then get error messages from the Adobe Download Assistant, this Adobe KB Article might be helpful: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-download-assistant.html

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2013 May 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If one has received an Error 6, or 7, then this Adobe KB Article might be useful: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-exit-6-exit-7.html

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines