• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML Help Workshop Compatability

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2010 Sep 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to import or open an HTML Help project, created using HTML Help Workshop 4.1, into RoboHelp and maintain compatibility.  When I open an HTML Help project originally created in the HTML Help Workshop (or Visual Studio), changes occur to most of the files making them no longer compile/display correctly if any future attempts are made to compile the project within Workshop or Visual Studio.

For example, all of the HTML tags (HEAD, BODY, HTML, etc) are removed from the index, TOC and help project files.  The resulting html documents also have their doc types changed from HTML 4.01 to XHTML 1.0.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's a one-way street as RH8 now uses XHTML (which wasn't even a twinkle in MS's eye when HTML Help was conceived) ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looking at this thread gave me the ability to maintain compatability.  By using HTML Help Workshop to decompile the CHM file created by RoboHelp, a compatible index and TOC file are created.  Dropping those 2 files over the ones created by RoboHelp allows the help to be built or updated within HTML Workshop or Visual Studio.

It's not the most elegant way to do things, but it does work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp