• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH8 & Word 2010 on 64-bit OS

Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2010 Sep 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I have reviewed all of the posts and couldn't find a solution for the error that I am receiving.  I am running RoboHelp 8 on a Windows 7 64-bit OS, along with MS Office 2010.  When I attempting to generate Printed Documentation I am receiving the following error:

"A supported version of Microsoft Word does not exist.  Please install Microsoft Word 2000 or newer."

I have gone into Tools | Options | Associations and added both .doc and .docx tot he File Associations and added Microsoft Word to the HTML Editors list.

I can tell you that Office was installed before RH8.

When viewing the Properties of my Printed Documentation Layout, I only have PDF checked because that is the format I wish to export as.  Why is it looking for Word when I want to have a PDF?

Even better, is this because I am using Office 2010 or 64-bit - or a combination of the two?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2010 Sep 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Word 2010 is not supported by RoboHelp 8, that is the cause of the problem. You need to revert to an earlier version. You can have both on your PC at the same time subject to valid licences.

To create a PDF of anything, you have to create a file with other software, Word, Excel, etc. What RoboHelp does is create a Word document behind the scenes, create the PDF and then trash the temporary document. No valid version of Word so it cannot do that.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 24, 2010 Sep 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any plan by Adobe for RH8 to support Word 2010? Sooner or later, they'll have to, won't they?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2010 Sep 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welcome to our community

I'd be surprised if Adobe issued a patch to make RoboHelp 8 work with Word 2010. The next version will likely bring that compatibility.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp