• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

issue searching PDFs in RH8 WebHelp

Participant ,
Sep 15, 2010 Sep 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting different results from Robohelp searches when my RH8 Webhelp is generated using a RH command script in our software build process than if the Webhelp is generated from RH to my PC. Specifically, when I search for a specific term in my local Webhelp, the search results list any PDF files that use that term. In contrast, if I conduct the same search in the Webhelp that was generated during our software build process, the search results do not include the PDF files (the Webhelp files are deployed to a network computer when our software is installed).

Note that in both cases, you can click links from within the Webhelp to open the PDFs and you can perform Finds within these files, but I cannot use RH's search to locate specific PDFs in the actual online help for the app, which is something I can do locally.

Here are the details:

I am using Robohelp 8, Window 7, and Internet Explorer.

I am producing WebHelp.

I am producing merged help.

I am linking to the PDF files from the topics. Each PDF is stored as a “baggage file”.

Mark of the Web is not selected.

Any ideas? We promised our customers the ability to search the PDFs for some of our manuals from within our online help system--it worked great when I tested it locally, but isn't working so good in the real online help....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2010 Sep 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may or may not be the issue but it would be worth checking that the PDF are being indexed in the final WebHelp output. I've outlined how to do this is this blog post.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2010 Sep 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue using RH8, WebHelp, Windows XP and IE 8 - including having shown the indexing feature to my client. I am not, however, producing merged help.

PDF files are included in my instance of the SAL index file Colum discusses in his blog.

I would appreciate any help!

Thanks,

-jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2010 Sep 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am locking this thread as it seems to be a duplicate of http://forums.adobe.com/message/3163589#3163589

If there is a difference that I have missed, please contact me via my site explaining what is different.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp