• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 5 tutorials not working as I think they should?

Jul 16, 2010 Jul 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to be  having difficulties with the Adobe Captivate 5 tutorials.
When I select one of the tutorials from the menu to open I get this message -
"Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player."
I have Adobe Shockwave Flash Player 10 ActiveX version 10.1.53.64 installed.
The videos will load; however, I have little to no control over them.
During the turorials, a text box appears in the right corner -
"Click right arrow to proceed"
However, their is no arrow to click!
I am running Windows 7 - X86.

Thans in advance for your input!

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 19, 2010 Jul 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have fowarded your post on to a member of the Adobe Captivate team. I'll let you know what they say.

Best regards,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2010 Jul 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any resolution on this issue?  My tutorial does the same thing.  I am also running Windows7 64-bit.  I can't pause or interact with the tutorial at all which to me is a problem since it appears the tutorial was created using Captivate.

Is this an issue I need to be aware of if I plan on using this software for my project?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2010 Jul 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too, on two installations, both WinXP PCs. Any answers yet folks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not had any answers yet. I have exprience with other Adobe Products and Camtasia Studio. So, I decided to just jump in and create some instruction. It went okay; however, some decent tutorials that I could at least pause and rewind would most likely allow me to take advantage of more features in this product!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

We know these issues, We will soon provide a solution..

Sorry for the inconvenience caused..

-Ashwin Bharghav B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2010 Jul 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashwin,

Thanks - I'll look forward to hearing from you very soon.

--M

BTW: My 'SomethingMustWork' screenname expresses my frustration with number of other screennames I'd tried, not Captivate! I'll change it when we have a fix, OK?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2010 Aug 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same things are happening on the Mac OS X platform...no interaction, no control (pause, rewind, stop). In addition, the Editing tutorial is playing the Recording tutorial.  Thanks for looking into this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 18, 2010 Aug 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been over two weeks. Do you have an answer to this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 18, 2010 Aug 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Apologies for the delay.

Please follow the steps mentioned in the KB article http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/857/cpsid_85772.html

This should solve the issue.

-Ashwin Bharghav B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2010 Aug 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issues resolved on Mac OS X platform. Thanks so much for your post and for the solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2010 Aug 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. It actually worked, but in an awkward way.

I'm working on a windows7 os

I've followed the first solution to resolve the flash 'no controllers' issue - which worked fine, and got a 'back' & 'fwd' buttons.

and then I've followed the second solution to resolve the 'no editing material on the editing lesson link' - and that actually worked for that, but the rest of the lessons became inactive.

luckily I kept the first index.html that worked (besides the link to the editing part) - and now I have two index files, one works for the editing less, and the other works for all the rest of the lessons. (haven't checked them all).

Hope you can make a better solution for the rest of the people and for the future.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 01, 2010 Sep 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have confirmed it from my end and everything seems to be fine at my end. i.e. After replacing the older "index.html" with new "index.html" the links to other tutorials (along with the "editing" tutorial) work fine.

Which browser are you using ? Since the tutorials open in new window can you check if the "Pop up blocker" is not enabled in the browser.

Others please let me know if its working for you.

Thanks

Ashwin Bharghav B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 23, 2010 Sep 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Page link is broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2010 Sep 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is NOT resolved, as I just downloaded the trial version and the tutorials are missing the interaction buttons, as in the original post.

The solution posted here refers to a broken link, and appears to relate to  using a new index.html file, Can the link be updated  or the a link to this fil be given. Im using Firefox...

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 27, 2010 Sep 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

We are aware of the Broken link issue, We are working on it and soon update on the same.

-Ashwin Bharghav B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 28, 2010 Sep 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

The link should work fine now. Please check and let me know if you face issues.

-Ashwin Bharghav B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 06, 2010 Oct 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to watch the new user tutorial but the link does not work - http://tv.adobe.com/watch/rapid-elearning/adobe-captivate-5-for-new-users/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2010 Oct 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nasikd,

Could you please let us know that from where you got the above link so that weā€™ll try to update the same.

If you would like to check the Captivate tutorials on Adobe tv then please follow the following link and then choose the appropriate categories :

http://tv.adobe.com/show/rapid-elearning/

To get a list of shows related to Adobe captivate and e learning, you can check the following link :

http://tv.adobe.com/product/captivate/

If you have already installed captivate , then click on the ā€œTutorialsā€ link available on the welcome screen at the bottom left corner to view different tutorials which is a good point to start for a new user.

Thanks,

Subhransu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 07, 2010 Oct 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sumishra

Thanks, I have been able to find the tutorials via the welcome screen (which I had previously turned off).

The videos in the first link you posted are more like product demos, not tutorials, so not really helpful for someone trying to grasp the basics of the product.

That link that I was accessing is here: http://www.adobe.com/support/captivate/gettingstarted.html and also where you're sent if you search in the Help section of the product.

Overview

Basics of Adobe Captivate and  introduction to Adobe Captivate 5 (video 25:57)

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources