• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Verity Spider (vspider) on multiple domain name

New Here ,
May 04, 2006 May 04, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to get vspider to index a web site that uses a different domain name than the localhost. The site is on the same server as ColdFusion and Verity, it just has a different domain name. I've searched for solutions to this without success. How can we get this working?
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 23, 2006 May 23, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a virtual directory beneath your default website (localhost) pointing to your other website web root and tell vspider to begin indexing at http://localhost/{vdir}. In your search results just replace the http://localhost/{vdir} with the correct domain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2006 May 24, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mungton, thanks for the reply. I had tried this, but it didn't work for me because then the links didn't work. We are using a standard header/footer with absolute URL references (since they are called from any page at any level within the site). These links didn't work when vspider crawled the site through the vdir.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 24, 2006 May 24, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ok I understand.

Well depending on how much control you have with the site there might be some ways of doing it.

For example you could place the files in another dir under the root of the domain so you would access the site like this - http://yourdomain.com/newdir/index.php. Then your vdir under localhost would have the same name as this dir (e.g newdir) but would actually point directly to the folder with the same name on the domain rather then the root. That way you could use relative paths such as /newdir/somelink.cfm in your headers/footers which will work at any level within the site on both configs.

Alternatively you could make the same vdir on both sites with both pointing the to the domains root. The relative link as in the previous option will still work.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation