Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion/Flashbuilder/MySql Date Error - This is a bug

Participant ,
Sep 26, 2010 Sep 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In ColdFusion9/Flashbuilder4/MySql....

I generate a CFC completely with the flashbuilder wizard, throwing a datagrid on the page and dropping "get All" on top and run it,

On Hostek with CF9 and MySql 10.10.11.3, It produces  a list of dates that are all one day prior to what is actually listed in the mysql database (phpMyAdmin), same for several custom written cfc's. If I run a cfm calling the cfc it gives the proper dates, but when Flashbuilder calls the same cfc it gives everything one day off.

Locally on my machine with Mamp circa 2004 this works correctly and lists the correct dates.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Dan Pride

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even Stranger. The tech department at Hostek is not seeing the error.

--------------------

"Interesting.  I am using a remote connection, and I am in Central Time zone.  The servers are in Central Time Zone too."

I'm not seeing any difference between the two.
From the aaa.cfm:
Dan Pride Odor Removal:       {ts '2010-09-25 00:00:00'}
From tesDate:
Dan Pride Odor Removal:       Sat Sep 25 00:00:00 GMT-0500 2010

------------------

The url of the dataGrid is

http://www.bluerosedetail.com/tesDate/

and cfm is

http://www.bluerosedetail.com/aaa.cfm

For me two dates show, the 24th and the 29th which should be the 25th and the 30th.

How wierd can it get

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does the number "1148825487" represent? The timestamp format is 'YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS'...if you just need the current date and time, all you should need to do is insert the other field and it will automatically enter the time added...

<a   href="http://www.sankara.com.au">web design sydney</a>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does the number "1148825487" represent?

?? I don't see that anywhere.

This is a field formatted as Date with correct data in mysql, beyond that its all adobe, the wizard generated the cfc, I threw the data grid on an empty page and dropped the "getAll" on top of it and published.

Like I said, its a bug, and a really puzzling one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 27, 2010 Sep 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone comment on this? Is "Date" format in mysql not supported? Should I use something else? Am I barking up the wrong tree using MySql as part of the MySql-ColdFusion combination?

Thanks

Dan Pride

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2010 Sep 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried with both DATE and DATETIME, the data came fine for me. Make sure your values in the table are not null, if they are CF gives an error during conversion.

What did Test operation give, is it giving the value fine?

Thanks

-Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering if this is some kind of MySql version issue.

These both access the same database, same cfc and and as you can see display the results  one day off for the Flex Datagrid

I just created a quickie new app totally using the wizards to demo the problem

The url of the dataGrid is

http://www.bluerosedetail.com/tesDate/

and cfm is

http://www.bluerosedetail.com/aaa.cfm

Note this works just fine on my Mamp 1.7.1, but when I upload it to Hostek with the newest MySql...

It seems to work differently on different combinations, some people show the data fine  above some do not.

What dates do you see when you access the two Links above? The actual data in the database is all 25th and 30th

Thanks for responding

Dan Pride

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both show the same dates, however the flex version shows the time as well and it is 10:30 GMT +05:30

Thanks

-Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They do not for me, nor for my Customer.

Both of us show one day off. Another developer I contacted directly shows the proper dates in both, a second on windows i.e. shows the error.

I am on a Mac and show the same error on both firefox and safari.

If it was just consistent then i could write a label function and pump the date up one

Dan Pride

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 17, 2010 Oct 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following is a response from Hostek describing the problem from their end

To:
danielpride@yahoo.com

Dan,

I just tested this using a MacOS 10.4,

Windows XP,  Vista, 7, Ubuntu 10.04. Site shows correct date using all of the above,  tested using external connection - the date is showing correctly. Yet,  trying to pull it up using SkyFire 1.5 browser on WindowsMobile, I am  getting the same "one day back" issue that you are seeing.

This  really sounds like an issue with the client computer and the way the  data is being interpreted localy, not the issue with the server.  However, I think we might be able to help you pin point this bug.

If  you are able to run this without a problem on your local machine, are  you able to change your local DSN - BlueRose to point to "

xxxx instead of using localhost but run the application from your local  machine? This will tell you if the bug might be related to MySQL  version.

Another thing to check would be the version of flash  player. Computers here that are displaying the page correctly are  running 10,1,85,3 (with Ubuntu running 10,0,45,2) and SkyFire that is  not displaying the date correctly is running 10,0,32,18.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Alex Y.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 24, 2010 Dec 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The date bug (dates listing one day off on some systems but not others) is still a problem. Any progress or workarounds to suggest?

Thanks

Dan Pride

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2011 Jan 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I haven't followed any thread on this, but months ago the same sort of thing happened to me. I discovered that it was due to time zones and the time being exactly 0:00. Sometimes it would subtract an hour and therefore appear to be the previous day. After our DBAs assured me that they couldn't help me out and that the databases were set up correctly, I ended up forcing each retrieved date to have a noon time, and so whenever an hour was subtracted, it stayed on the same day and didn't back up one day. So it worked for machines that subtracted an hour as well as for ones that didn't.

This may not be what you're looking for, particularly if you care about the time rather than just the day, but maybe it will be of some help ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines