• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zend AMF Slow Response

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2010 Sep 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting slow response times when using Zend AMF in Flash Builder 4.  It is taking between 1.5s to 2s to return the results, which is much slower than when I am returning XML.  However its about the same no matter if no records are returned or if 1000 records are returned. It seems like it is taking a while to make the connection to the gateway.php file. Anyone else noticing issues like this?  All the examples I have seen online use Apache instead of IIS, could that be part of my problem?

Thanks,

Justin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 29, 2010 Sep 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced the same with Zend and switched to coldfuion as a result. Its better matched

to Flex, and you can go as far as Life Cycle Data services with it if you want. It is also a superior

design to php but works pretty much the same way.

The communications with Flashbuilder have several gotchas which are not explained but are covered here now.

The old php 4 AmfPhp was really impressive performer on speed. But it just took a dive when it went

to zend and 5.

Dan Pride

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is a known issue with Zend?  I don't really want to pay Adobe more money for Cold Fusion for something that can be done using open source.  I may just have to stick to PHP and XML.

Thanks for the info,

Justin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure but I think so, I left Zend in Feb and have not looked back.

At Hostek you get a great hosting package with ColdFusion 9 (the one you want) for $5.00 a Month if you can do shared hosting.

If not, ? i would say take a careful look at coldfusion, watch a video or two on it,... its way ahead of Php generally,

and light years ahead for using as a back end for Flashbuilder.

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines