• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conversion from RH7 to RH8 hangs on 1 of 5 projects - no err msg

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2010 Sep 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have successfully converted 4 of 5 RH7 projects. The one project that won't convert doesn't have anything special or different about it. It is not my most complex project nor my simplest.

Once the conversion starts the meter bar goes about 1/3 of the distance then RH8 locks up (stops responding). No error message is presented.

Pre conversion I removed the projects from RSC, removed read only attribute, and deleted .cpd.

I have tried the solution from this thread http://forums.adobe.com/message/2312324  (open the .hhp, selecting Noto the xpj prompt.) with no change in the result.

Obviously the problem is with the project, but I don't know what else to try. Is there a conversion log or some way to know what file is being converted when it locks up?

Specifics

OS = XP with all patches

RH = 8.0.2.208

Project location = C:\TW_Local\RoboHelpProjects  (not a networked folder )

Project history =Originally an MS Word file, converted to RH6, converted to RH7

Project zip size = 28MB

Thanks for any help or ideas.

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could check if the rhvariable.apj file is blank. If it is, copy one from a working project. Or see snippet 79 on Peter Grainge's site which contains code you can paste in. The problem manifested in RH6, but it's possible it's still an issue in RH8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The rhvariable.apj looks fine. Contains tags for each variable in the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp