• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic link manager problem after effect cs5

New Here ,
May 09, 2010 May 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've got a problem when I run after effects cs5. Here I attach a screen with the problem. Any of you have a solution?Thanks, I have windows 7 64 .   I installed creative suit cs5 master collection

32281_389085279182_700064182_3752509_6174960_n.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2010 May 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please be more specific. What exactly are you doing? How was the suite installed? Were there any errors? Do you have sufficient user privileges? What computer? DL errors are mostly eitehr due to memory shortage or insufficient user permissions preventing the service to be started, but without more info, nobody can even guess what exactly is going on.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2010 May 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I installed de creative suit master cs5. My pc is AMD

CORE 2 QUAD, 4 GIAS MEMORY RAM,

ATI 4670 512 MEGAS. I have after effects cs4 install too. I try to installed several times, and de problem is the same, I work with windows 7 64 bits. But is really rare ´cause sometimes the problem dissapear for a moment. I installed premiere cs5 and it works fine, I don't know why the AE got these problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I runed creative suit cs5 setup like ADMINISTRATOR, and nothing happend, I don't know how to give permissions to this aplication

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When is this error happening ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when ends to load all effects and user interface, when it's ready to use

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2010 May 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

U rarely can see this Message after loading AE or Pr CS5.

or intalling Pr CS 5.(I got these situation until now)

In this case, Just unistall AE or Pr including All elements.

Then Restart Win Os or Mac OS.

And Just try to install AE or Pr step by step.

I got this Problem, too, but using this solution I did it.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2010 Jul 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Evening everyone,

I had the same problem on the Mac version of AFX - CS5. So, I spent the day ringing up Adobe help desk to see if they can solve it and

lucky enough the technician at Adobe solved this annoying problem.

Basically, you will need to remove a folder in your 'Users' folder section on your main hard drive:

(Macintosh HD/users/admin/library/preferences/adobe/after effects...) and then delete '10.0' folder.

Once you removed this folder from this section, simply reload the programme and bob's your uncle, CS5 working again!!!

[Please note] AFX will generate a new folder in the same location as the old folder.

The technician didn't explain what was the cause of the problem (Not allowed to enclose that information) but it solved it. I wonder it's the same issue for the PC version, where you need to go to the user folder and remove a similar folder to make it work again?

Hope this information helps someone out there!

Addz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2010 Jul 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx, Jar.

It will be so useful to users gotten ths problem in Adobe CS5 or other version.

As I answer ur question whether It is in Pc version or not, "Yes". Tho Mac is different from PC.

Documents->User settings->App->..brabra. u can find any folder included any log or license of Adobe.

So, Rarely just find this directory in PC and need to delete it when U have any serious situation

Very Rarely, even U will be able to find any Adobe contents in registry(ctrn+r->regedit). thts why I dislike fkn Windows tho:)

Anyway, normaly We can uninstall Adobe Package by using util->Adobe uninstall in MAc.

But, U know installing tht package is little complex, It wil sometimes cause this problem, but "Dynamic Link Mana.." tho its easier than PC version as delete this directory(Macintosh HD/users/admin/library/preferences/adobe/after effects...)

Good luck, homie!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2010 Aug 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jarbrain: Perfect! Thank you. I downloaded the After Effects CS5 30 day trial and spent 3 days following along with the online tutorials. When I fired up AE on day 4 it repeatedly crashed on launch. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Then I unistalled, redownloaded and reinstalled but still got the same dynamiclink error message. I had been 2 days dead in the water until I followed your pathway to trashing the "10.0" folder. I've reinstalled and everything's working. Back to the tutorials! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2011 Feb 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank YOu so much for the solution.

Much love.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2010 Sep 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all...

I'm having the same error message on my PC... which is weird, because AE CS5 has been working fine for me for a couple of months.  Not sure what changed today, but it's suddenly stopped working.

Can you be more specific as to which folder I need to delete on a PC, and where to find it?

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 27, 2010 Sep 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Can you be more specific as to which folder I need to delete on a PC, and where to find it?

See this page for the location of the preferences folder:

"Preferences"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2010 Sep 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked great... thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 28, 2010 Sep 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specifically for the PC...

C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\10.0

If you have problems seeing the above folders in Windows Explorer you may have to

1)  Open Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer

2)  From the top Menu select Tools.  IF you don't see tools, I think Alt-T will show you the tools menu.

3)  Select Folder Options

4)  Select the "View" tab.

5)  Make sure that "Show Hidden Files, folders or drives" has a "dot" in the radio filed next to it.

6)  Click the OK button

Rowby

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2010 Oct 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have tried to delete the "10.0" folder, and still get a crash error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 09, 2010 Oct 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my response on the other thread where you posted about this:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3196845

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines