Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changes to merged project not displaying in main project

Sep 28, 2010 Sep 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, have one main project set up with two sub-projects merged into it. I have inherited this project from someone else.

Today I have made changes to one of the merged sub-projects. My understanding is that the output of merged projects is placed into Webhelp\Compile\Webhelp\mergedProjects. However the updates are not displaying. The new files I am expecting to see in the mergedProjects directory are not there (the existing files are, and remain unchanged). I have compiled the sub-project before compiling the main project. Any ideas - am I missing out a step?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WebHelp output is generated (to your local machine) and published (usually to a server), not compiled. The output for each "child" project must obviously be targeted to its own correct folder.

The Generate target directory is on the first page (General) of the wizard and the Publish target directory is on the fourth page (Publish). Verify both targets, since either or both are obviously incorrect.

Good luck,

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to remember someone also having problems where the Publish (server) location refused to update. I can't remember what the solution was for that - either deleting a file, or publishing to a different location I think. Maybe someone else can remember more details?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My understanding is that the output of merged projects is placed into Webhelp\Compile\Webhelp\mergedProjects

By default the generated output will go to the SSL folder for the project. You can copy that to the relevant folder under mergedProjects but it would be more efficient to change the output folder so that it generates to the relevant child folder under the mergedProjects folder created when the parent is generated. You will need to change this in the first page of the wizard and do that for each child project.

What is puzzling is that unless you did that when you first generated, how did you get it to work then?

See the Merged Projects topics on my site.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp