• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pods do not maintain their positions when loading a customised Environment in RoboHelp 8

Participant ,
Sep 28, 2010 Sep 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 8.0.2.208

Windows XP Pro

Dual-screen workstation

Have just installed RH8 and performed the two available updates, bringing it up to 8.0.2.208.

RH8 is installed locally, on my computer only, and I am the only user.

I have a workstation with two monitors. The Windows desktop is spread across the two.

I have arranged the RH interface such that the main window is on the left monitor, and this is where topics dock automatically when I open them. I have also opened a variety of pods, arranged them on the right-hand monitor, and then saved this Environment.

Upon loading the environment when I next open RH, most of the pods switch back over to the left-hand monitor, and are arranged haphazardly, with some stacked on top of each other. It seems that RH8 cannot remember my customized environment layout

In doing a search of the forums for possible solutions I found this thread, which seems to be similar, but I can't see that it was ever resolved.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1916958#1916958

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2010 Sep 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As that thread highlighted, there are some issues with using RH with dual monitors. All you can do is submit a bug report to Adobe using the link in that thread. The more people that do so, the greater the chance that it will be fixed in a forthcoming release.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp