• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Alignment in Shapes

Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2010 Sep 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same rectangle at the top and bottom of a presentation as a classification banner. When I add text to the rectangle using right-click | Add Text, the text looks aligned exactly as I wish, centered on both the x- and y-axis. However, once previewed or published, the text appears to be aligned at the top of the rectangle. Does anyone else have this issue? Should I just lay a transparent caption over the shape, instead of using Add Text?

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 29, 2010 Sep 29, 2010

Oh, sorry, I was talking about CP5-issue.

In CP4 I always used a transparent text caption on top of a shape, did not like the functionality of the Text in shape there for different reasons (alignment being one of them), especially that it will not nicely flow in a shape (oval, polygon).

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Did you perhaps insert a variable in the Text? This is a known issue, that alignment is going awry then, not only in shapes but also in Text Captions. If you use a Transparent Text Caption you can indeed rearrange.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, no variables here. I think I'll have to move to transparent captions for the time being. Thanks, Lilybiri.

Do you think Adobe might patch Cp4 for this and other known issues? Or must we upgrade to Cp5 to reap any new benefits?

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Well, I'll put it this way. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a Captivate 4 patch.

It's a lot more likely to see a Captivate 5 patch emerge.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Begin learning Captivate 5 moments from now! $29.95

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, as always, Rick. I think I'll just have to find some way to fudge it into the right position; I'm sure I'll come up with something. Going to Cp5, unfortunately, is not an option. I like the Cp3/Cp4 interface better, anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, sorry, I was talking about CP5-issue.

In CP4 I always used a transparent text caption on top of a shape, did not like the functionality of the Text in shape there for different reasons (alignment being one of them), especially that it will not nicely flow in a shape (oval, polygon).

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources