• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

links to popups are blank; missing topics RH 8.0.2.208

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2010 Sep 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working locally, and recently upgraded from RH6 to R8.0.2.208.

When I click on the hyperlinks in output view, as well as the "quick" view, some of the scrolling popup windows are totally appear totally blank windows, or the text that had the "bookmark" is missing, but the text below appears. Also the scrollbars on the pop-up are not visible..the window is positioned too far to the right. I am using RoboHelp HTML, with the WebHelp Single Sourve output, with no version control.

Also, I have a folder with over 100 topics, in numerical order. When viewed the HTML for one of the topics, all of the topics in the folder were then out of order, and some of them are now missing from the folder. They are in the TOC, and luckily those links still work.

I keep seeing discussions on some of these problems that mention a patch...but I am already working in the version that is supposed to have these issues resolved. Can someone please help?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check none of your styles have negative indents, that can cause a topic that previews OK or even displays OK in an output to be blank if viewed as a popup. See Using RH8 on my site.

Do the "missing" topics appear in the Topic List pod (not Project Manager)? Try renaming the folder. That can make missing image files reappear. I haven't seen the same issue with topics but worth a try. Also try reimporting one of them, might make them all appear. Otherwise it sounds a bit like the bug 802 fixed so if you did not open the project before applying the patch, it's a bit of a mystery. Have you checked the version in both Help > About and Control Panel?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there..

My version number is the same from either place. The topics do appear in the topic list....

any other thoughts??? This is really holding up our application release...

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2010 Sep 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the topics are in the Topic List but not showing in Project Manager, that is unusual. Presumably as the Topic List can see them there are no broken links, correct?

Did you try renaming the folders?

Also try toggling the view, extreme left icon above Project Manager.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi...

No, there are no broken links to any of the missing topics. If I rename the folder, I would then have to generate another layout, yes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No renaming a folder has no effect on the output so you won't have to generate again.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When the project is closed, in the directory, there are 2 folders with the same name...which is which?? 1 has a .fpj file in it - this one is the same level as the SSL folder. The other one is inside the WebHelp folder. They both appear to have all of the files in it, in correct order. Which folder needs to be renamed - both of them, even though they appear correct in the directory?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp