• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp in

Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2010 Sep 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating CHM Help file and my compiled file is not displaying the Glossary. I went into the Window Properties and verified that Glossary was selected.  I'm missing something and I can't think of it.  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Not certain if this is your case, but the glossary tab may appear grayed out if your client does not have an active version of HHActiveX.dll.

Search for \WINDOWS\system32\HHActiveX.dll. If it does not exist, you will need to download it (Google it and I'm sure you'll find a link somewhere) and copy it there. Once it is there, go to Start > Run  and enter "regsvr32C:\WINDOWS\system32\HHActiveX.dll" then click OK.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

HHActiveX.dll is a RoboHelp specific dll and should be found on your system. Please ignore any advice to use Google to find a copy.

I'd never just download one from Google as you never know for certain what extra bonus' may be lurking inside.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps try using the search function of the forums. Don't use the main search, but the search in the main forums page

:

tmp1.PNG

Search for HHActiveX.dll.

The bottom line is that this file needs to be registered on each PC. And we have seen issues lately with version 8 as well as running HTML Help output on 64 bit systems.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2010 Sep 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!   I checked and HHActiveX.dll is loaded on my pc, but I checked another pc that is running our software that I created the Help file for and the Glossary is blank.  So I guess I going to have to have our programmers add the dll.  Right?

Thanks for the quick response!  Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michelle

Indeed ensuring it gets copied is a part of it.Unfortunately, it's not the whole story.

I don't recall your saying which version of RoboHelp you have, but version really shouldn't matter that much. If you open the help for RoboHelp and search for HHActiveX.dll (capitalization isn't important, I'm just accustomed to typing it that way) you should find a topic that describes what to do with it.

In a nutshess, you ensure a copy of it is shipped with the help, then you must register it with Windows. If you have someone that has the role of creating an installation package, that should be all that is sufficient. Just make sure they know the file needs to be included and registered on the PC where the installation is occurring.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already have it fixed in our software application.  On another note, do you teach classes in KC area?  I think I might have taken one of your clases a couple of years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indeed I do. My home is in North Kansas City. If you attended a class I facilitated it would have occurred in Overland Park at ThinqDigital.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp