• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red lined squares appearing around linebreakers (shift/enter) after Installing RH8

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2010 Sep 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My documentation department recently installed RH8 and upon opening our projects we found red squares around linebreakers inserted using Shift/Enter.

I've searched and read some of the other questions on the forums and I know that red squares have come up before but it is not clear to me whether this is a different problem.  First of all these red squares are not solid red, they are line squares encasing the linebreak.

The same exact problem occurred when we upgraded to RH 7 but the 7.0.1 and 7.0.2 service pack updates resolved the problem.  I tried downloading and installing the 8.0.1 and 8.0.2 updates but they did not help this time.

We see the red squares upon opening the source project. They do not appear in the output and, as far as I can tell at this point, are not causing a major problem other than being very distracting.  It will be a huge effort to delete them entirely from the projects.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Leslie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2010 Sep 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leslie

Can you please use the Camera icon and post a screen capture of the red lined squares? Perhaps if we see what you are referring to we might offer some assistance.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2010 Sep 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Here is a sample screenshot.  In the past, the linebreaks were used to space text.  I am incorporating spacing through the Styles now but have these little red squares throughout the projects where linebreaks have been used.

Thank you for any suggestions/feedback.

Leslie

example2.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

Okay, those are innocuous. What you are seeing are the line breaks introduced by pressing Shift+Enter. You are seeing them becuase you are viewing the Pilcrows. (Paragraph Markers)

If you don't wish to see them, try clicking View > Show > Paragraph Markers and they should disappear.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to note that you may also toggle this view by using the Toolbar Icon.

tmp1.PNG

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Ok, I understand how to make them go away but why have they started showing up with RH8 when paragraph markers are turned on?  RH7 introduced them but they disappeared with the RH7 service packs.

Thanks,

Leslie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leslie

Sorry, but I have no decent explanation to offer. I do know that in RoboHelp 8 the Adobe team modified the format of the HTML pages so that we now see XHTML. Perhaps it has something to do with that. Really, only one of the Adobe developers could probably answer that with any authority.

It's worth noting that the red squares are simply a visual representation of the line break. They don't indicate anything is wrong, although the use of red can be a bit unsettling.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick,

Thanks for the suggestion and information.

We appreciate your feedback.

Leslie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp