Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Help with creating a functional form - please help?

Level 2

I am trying to create a form that can be used uniformly throughout my business and I need some help.  I've created the form successfully, however, I wanted to know if there was a way to distribute as a pdf within an email?

For some background...this form will be used as a method of distributing vital information to my team.  I want the form to go to the entire team and I want anyone to be able to open and view the selections, etc. chosen by the person who has filled it out.  As of right now, I do not see a way of doing that.

Anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

Jennifer

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member
7 Replies

Level 2

Also - I used the 'email' button at the bottom but it only allows you to send the data collected in the form.  Is there a way to send actual PDF form?

Thanks!

Jennifer

Former Community Member

If you use the email button then it will send the data only ......you can create your own button that will send the PDF in the email. If you are intending on using Reader then you will need to Reader Extend the document to allow it to save the file locally. This is required so that the file can be added as an attachment to the email. You can Reader Extend in Acrobat you do not need the full Reader Extensions product.

Paul

Level 2

Thank you so much Paul.  This is exactly what I am trying to accomplish.  Can you point me in the direction of where step by step instructions on how to accomplish that may be?  Or, could you by any chance post some instructions for me?  I would greatly appreciate it.  I am just now learning to use these products as I only recently purchased the Creative Suite 5.

Thank you again,

Jennifer

Former Community Member

Set up a submit button.

1.Drop a regular button on your form.

2. Make it a submit button.

3. In the submit url (Object palette/Submit tab) set the url to mailto:mailaddress if you want to control other parts of the email do a web serach on mailto and you will see how to control the different parts of the email

4. In the Submit As dropdown choose PDF

Now you need to Reader Extend the form.

1. Open the form in Acrobat

2. Under the Advanced menu choose the Extend Features for Adobe Reader option. Follow the wizard.

3. Save the file and distribute the saved file.

Hope that helps

Paul

Level 2

Paul - When I type in

http://forums.adobe.com/mailto:mailaddress into the object pallet.  I replace after the ":" with my email address since i'm using myself as a test.  Is that correct?  When I actualy open the form and attempt to click 'submit' it says error code, file not found.

Sorry I am having so much trouble but I really appreciate the help.

Jennifer

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

No you woudl type:

mailto:youremailaddress@domain.com

You woudl not add the http://forums.adobe.com

Paul

Level 2

Thank you for your help.  I was able to create the form, and add the email button functionality, etc.  One last question, The email currently says

Form Returned: ProjectInquiryForm test.pdf

The attached file is the filled-out form. Please open it to review the data.

And then has the pdf attached.  Is there any way to edit this language?

Thanks again!

Jennifer

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----