Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I "authorise" a new eReader & user on an existing PC

Oct 01, 2010 Oct 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The story is this.Bought a 2nd eReader and wanted to move the original eReader to another PC (PC2), and authorise the 2nd eReader to the original PC PC1).

I have an existing PRS-600 which is authorised for Adobe DRM product content on PC1. I have moved this to PC2. Deauthorised the account on PC1. Copied and moved the ebooks to PC2, and authorised the account on PC2. So far so good.

I now have authorised the new PRS-650 on PC1, with a different Adobe ID. As I have paid for the ebooks, I thought that all I would need do is authorise the new PRS-650 and PC1and I would be able to add & read (some of) these books to the PRS-650. not so as I get the message "Protected by Digital Rights Management".

Is this really the case? That I cannot share books that I have bought. The eBooks were bought from a number of on-line stores with an ID that matches the original PRS-600 adobe ID.

Puzzled

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently the Sony Readers can only be authorized to one and only one AdobeID.  Your best bet would be to authorize both PCs, and the Reader to the same AdobeID, and then content will be interoperable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response. I suspected that this maybe the case but hopeful that there was a solution. I will do as you suggest as this is a workable solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines