• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder 4, Install New Software

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2010 Jul 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have standalone Flash Builder 4 which I downloaded as a trial (build 269271) and then later input the license key.

When I try to add Eclipse plugins by going to menu Help, Install New Software, the dialog for "Available Software" is broken.  It looks very different from the same dialog in Eclipse, and it has no way to add update sites, etc.

Is there any way to fix this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2010 Jul 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, anyone from Adobe?  I actually do need an answer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2010 Jul 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was an issue regarding permissions.

Can you check if you have admin rights (if you are on Vista/Win7) and if the FBInstalldir/plugins is read-only?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately I have not yet resolved the issue.

On Mac OSX I changed permissions of the plugins directory, and also ran FB as sudo.  Still not working.

This is happening for me on Vista and OSX.  It is happening for my co-workers on XP.  All of us have the same issue of not being able to use the "Install New Software" feature.  We all have licenses for our FB installs.  I think all of us started in the FB4 pre-release program, but when FB4 was released, we got the trial version, then bought the licenses and entered the license numbers.

Here is a screenshot:

FB4_Available_Software_Dlg.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think you might be experiencing this issue because there are no default Eclipse update sites defined in Flash Builder.

Please see this blog post for more information on how to resolve the problem: http://blogs.adobe.com/jasonsj/2010/03/installing_plug-ins.html

Thanks,

Andrew

Senior Product Manager, Flash Builder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2010 Jul 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but the UI on the dialog has no place to add affitional sites, unlike the equivalent dialog in vanilla Eclipse 3.5.

Also, the preferences is crippled as well (see screen shot below):

FB4_Available_Update_Sites.png

There is no way to actually add/edit/remove sites because the buttons to the right of the list are missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2010 Aug 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the answer to my issue when I could no longer start Flash Builder.  All I got was a message box saying "Licensing for this Product has Expired", even though my license is perfectly valid.  A Google search found this document: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/494/cpsid_49485.html

Although the article is for CS4 & CS5, it appears to apply to Flash Builder as well.

I followed Solution 3 - uninstall Flash Builder, delete some directories, re-install Flash Builder, and put in my license key.

This likelly occurred because I was part of the Flash Builder 4 pre-release program, and I had installed many version of Flash Builder on my Mac.  I always uninstalled the old version first, but things got hosed up anyhow.

After following Solution 3 in the Adobe doc (link above), the problem I was seeing with Install New Software went away.  Hopefully, this helps someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2010 Oct 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On Mac OS X 10.6.4. I could not install new software/plugins because Flash Builder prompted me that I had no Administrator privileges (although my user account had Administrator privileges).

The solution was to change permissions in the Application folder of Mac OS X: I added my user account in the bottom of the properties window of the Adobe Flash Builder 4 folder in the Finder and gave read/write permissions to all folders and files within the Adobe Flash Builder 4 folder...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines