Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion Builder and the Android SDK/ADT

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2010 Oct 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I use ColdFusion builder to my CF development.  Since it is so similar to Eclipse, I was wondering if it is possible to develop Android applications using CF Builder with the Android ADT Eclipse plugin.  Has anyone tried this?  Is it even possible?

Thanks!

Michael

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 02, 2010 Oct 02, 2010

The only difference - for all intents and purposes - between the two CFB versions is that the "stand-alone" one comes with Eclipse bundled in with it; whereas the plug-in version is intended for those who already have Eclipse installed, and want to install CFB into that.

Being "built on top of the Eclipse framework" is marketing-speak for "it's an Eclipse plug-in" 😉

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CFB isn't so much "similar to Eclipse" as "it's an Eclipse plug-in".  But anyway... I can't say I know the answer to your question, but if I was faced with the same question, I'd simply try it, and see if it worked.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Adam, I will give it a shot.  Can't hurt to try, right

Just so I am not confused, there is the stand alone CF builder (which I am using), and then there is also the ColdFusion plugin to the standard Eclipse.  Are they both very similar in their engineering?   I was under the assumption that CF Builder was built on top of the Eclipse framework rather than it just being Eclipse with the CF plugin.

Does this mean that CF Builder is pretty much the same thing as Eclipse with the CF plugin on top?  I know there are a lot of extras with CF Builder that are not with Eclipse, which is great.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only difference - for all intents and purposes - between the two CFB versions is that the "stand-alone" one comes with Eclipse bundled in with it; whereas the plug-in version is intended for those who already have Eclipse installed, and want to install CFB into that.

Being "built on top of the Eclipse framework" is marketing-speak for "it's an Eclipse plug-in" 😉

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

got ya - thanks!  I'll respond and let everyone know how it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation