Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generating small sections

Oct 04, 2010 Oct 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robohelpers, would really appreciate a moment of your time, pretty sure this won't be too difficult a question...

I have basically inherited a mess of a project, in Robohelp 8, which I am slowly trying to unravel. Unfortunately for me my experience mostly lies in Flare (sorry!) so I'm still finding my feet, both with the material and the method of creating it.

Though in the fullness of time, I will sort out the countless useless conditioning tags and half finished topics, in the short term I need to do an output of some of the topics. So basically my question is this: I need to make a small output from the files, incorporating about 10 out of over 400 topics. Is there an easy way to do this with a condition tag - if I were using Flare I would use the Include conditiong function while excluding the others, but I can't see a way to do this in Robohelp.

Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 04, 2010 Oct 04, 2010

Create a tag called Exclude. In the Topic List select all the topics and then press the CTRL key and click on those you want generated so that they are not highlighted. Right click and select Properties. Apply the tag.

When you generate set the expression to exclude topics tagged Exclude.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a tag called Exclude. In the Topic List select all the topics and then press the CTRL key and click on those you want generated so that they are not highlighted. Right click and select Properties. Apply the tag.

When you generate set the expression to exclude topics tagged Exclude.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter - thank you for your quick answer, that should do the trick... just a quick follow up question, is there any function like in Flare that will "locate in Topic List" when you have a topic open - the  reason I ask being that there are numerous topics named identical/similar things and I need to make sure I am excluding the right files..

Cheers for any help..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I'd do is right click on an open topic and select Topic Properties. When you have identified the topic to tag, you can do so in the Advanced tab. Just select the tab in the topic level tag section.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That'll work. Thanks all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum

Am I misunderstanding you? That will require opening 390 topics to apply the tag.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've kind of used both these bits of advice - first I ctrl-a'd and used my new Exclude tag to tag every single topic as excluded. Then I did what Collum suggested, but in reverse - find the topic I want, go to properties, and removed the exclude tag from it.

All's well that ends well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp