Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merging PDFs and Page Breaks

Oct 01, 2010 Oct 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to merge PDFs without adding page breaks between the PDFs being merged?  The idea would be to append content from the end of the first PDF to the beginning of the second PDF on the same page.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. To do that you would need to know the coordinates of the text, which IIRC is extremely non-trivial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. Looks like my wish hand will not be getting filled first.

With CFDOCUMENT I see there is a way to embed images within pdfs, so maybe that is an option. The pdf I am trying to include is basically a document header with mailing address, so its only about 3" tall. I will give it a whirl and report back.

Let me know if anyone has a better solution though in the mean time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With CFDOCUMENT I see there is a way to embed images within

pdfs, so maybe that is an option.

If you are generating the entire pdf from scratch, that is probably simpler than trying to merge later on.

The pdf I am trying to

include is basically a document header with mailing address,

so its only about 3" tall.

Well if you are talking about a static, fixed size file, that is different. The dimensions are already known so there is no guess work. You might be able achieve the same effect by adding the header as an opaque watermark. Other than that, I think you would need a lower level tool than cfpdf for this task.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 04, 2010 Oct 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks and I'll give those suggestions a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation