• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Bulder+MySQL,PHP - Channel disconnected before an acknowledgement was received

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2010 Sep 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I tried some basics with Flash Builder and PHP MySQL. I walked throught this tutorial http://www.flashrealtime.com/flash-builder-4-and-php-data-services/ but when I added a function btnSearch_clickHandler and launched the project in browser to test it, it gave me this error:

disconnected.png

I don't know why is this happening. I followed the tutorial step by step. The only difference is that I use Windows 7 with WAMP and Tomas uses MacOS with MAMP

I uploaded my project http://www.mediafire.com/file/6ri44igt1hbssrf/phpConnect.zip , can someone take a look at it please? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 13, 2011 Jul 13, 2011

Even if you are using Wamp it's the same, I want to remind you that you have to use port 3306 during the connection setup inside your Flex IDE.20110713-i19-281kb.jpg

Message was edited by Aldo Marsilio www.flashbackstage.com

Message was edited by: aldo marsilio

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does it tell when you use the Test operation to call the same operation in Flash Builder?

Thanks

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Test operation - Service: EmployeesService; Operation: getAllEmployees

InvocationTargetException:There was an error while  invoking the operation. Check your operation inputs or server code and try  invoking the operation again.

Reason:
Warning:  mysqli_connect() expects parameter 5 to be long, string given in  C:\wamp\www\phpConnect\services\EmployeesService.php on line  44

Warning: mysqli_error() expects parameter 1 to be  mysqli, null given in  C:\wamp\www\phpConnect\services\EmployeesService.php on line  259

Warning: mysqli_prepare() expects parameter 1 to be  mysqli, null given in  C:\wamp\www\phpConnect\services\EmployeesService.php on line  60

Warning: mysqli_error() expects parameter 1 to be  mysqli, null given in  C:\wamp\www\phpConnect\services\EmployeesService.php on line  259

Warning: mysqli_stmt_execute() expects parameter 1 to  be mysqli_stmt, null given in  C:\wamp\www\phpConnect\services\EmployeesService.php on line  64

Warning: mysqli_stmt_bind_result() expects parameter 1  to be mysqli_stmt, null given in  C:\wamp\www\phpConnect\services\EmployeesService.php on line  69

Warning: mysqli_stmt_fetch() expects parameter 1 to be  mysqli_stmt, null given in  C:\wamp\www\phpConnect\services\EmployeesService.php on line  71

Warning: mysqli_stmt_free_result() expects parameter 1  to be mysqli_stmt, null given in  C:\wamp\www\phpConnect\services\EmployeesService.php on line  77

Warning: mysqli_close() expects parameter 1 to be  mysqli, null given in  C:\wamp\www\phpConnect\services\EmployeesService.php on line  78
    /0/onResult˙˙˙˙ � Uflex.messaging.messages.AcknowledgeMessage correlationId clientId destination messageId timestamp timeToLive headers  body IC8EF4525-730F-BAB2-DBAB-83FBBE072AC9 I65CC210E-A04D-CC48-4ADA-000037765A55  I06052A08-C992-9588-1B12-00005079FAB8  128561039300     

And the PHP file is like this:

<?php

/**
*  README for sample service
*  This generated sample service contains functions that illustrate typical service operations.
*  Use these functions as a starting point for creating your own service implementation. Modify the
*  function signatures, references to the database, and implementation according to your needs.
*  Delete the functions that you do not use.
*  Save your changes and return to Flash Builder. In Flash Builder Data/Services View, refresh
*  the service. Then drag service operations onto user interface components in Design View. For
*  example, drag the getAllItems() operation onto a DataGrid.

*  This code is for prototyping only.

*  Authenticate the user prior to allowing them to call these methods. You can find more
*  information at http://www.adobe.com/go/flex_security
*/
class EmployeesService {

var $username = "root";
    var $password = "";
    var $server = "localhost";
    var $port = "";
    var $databasename = "test";
    var $tablename = "employees";

var $connection;

/**
     * The constructor initializes the connection to database. Everytime a request is
     * received by Zend AMF, an instance of the service class is created and then the
     * requested method is invoked.
     */
    public function __construct() {
          $this->connection = mysqli_connect(
                                  $this->server, 
                                  $this->username, 
                                  $this->password,
                                  $this->databasename,
                                  $this->port
                              );

$this->throwExceptionOnError($this->connection);
    }

/**
     * Returns all the rows from the table.
     * Add authroization or any logical checks for secure access to your data
     * @return array
     */
    public function getAllEmployees($q) {       

$sql = "SELECT * FROM $this->tablename WHERE first_name LIKE '%$q%' OR last_name LIKE '%$q%' OR email_address LIKE '%$q%'";

$stmt = mysqli_prepare($this->connection,$sql);

$this->throwExceptionOnError();

mysqli_stmt_execute($stmt);

$rows = array();

mysqli_stmt_bind_result($stmt, $row->emp_no, $row->birth_date, $row->first_name, $row->last_name, $row->gender, $row->hire_date, $row->phone_no, $row->email_address, $row->job_title);

while (mysqli_stmt_fetch($stmt)) {
      $rows[] = $row;
      $row = new stdClass();
      mysqli_stmt_bind_result($stmt, $row->emp_no, $row->birth_date, $row->first_name, $row->last_name, $row->gender, $row->hire_date, $row->phone_no, $row->email_address, $row->job_title);
    }

mysqli_stmt_free_result($stmt);
    mysqli_close($this->connection);

return $rows;
}

/**
     * Returns the item corresponding to the value specified for the primary key.
     * Add authorization or any logical checks for secure access to your data
     * @return stdClass
     */
    public function getEmployeesByID($itemID) {

$stmt = mysqli_prepare($this->connection, "SELECT * FROM $this->tablename where emp_no=?");

mysqli_stmt_bind_param($stmt, 'i', $itemID);       

if(mysqli_stmt_fetch($stmt)) {
          $row->birth_date = new DateTime($row->birth_date);
          $row->hire_date = new DateTime($row->hire_date);
          return $row;
        } else {
          return null;
        }
    }

/**
     * Returns the item corresponding to the value specified for the primary key.
     * @return stdClass
     */
    public function createEmployees($item) {

$stmt = mysqli_prepare($this->connection, "INSERT INTO $this->tablename (birth_date, first_name, last_name, gender, hire_date, phone_no, email_address, job_title) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)");

mysqli_stmt_bind_param($stmt, 'ssssssss', $item->birth_date->toString('YYYY-MM-dd HH:mm:ss'), $item->first_name, $item->last_name, $item->gender, $item->hire_date->toString('YYYY-MM-dd HH:mm:ss'), $item->phone_no, $item->email_address, $item->job_title);

$autoid = mysqli_stmt_insert_id($stmt);

return $autoid;
    }

/**
     * Updates the passed item in the table.
     * @param stdClass $item
     * @return void
     */
    public function updateEmployees($item) {

$stmt = mysqli_prepare($this->connection, "UPDATE $this->tablename SET birth_date=?, first_name=?, last_name=?, gender=?, hire_date=?, phone_no=?, email_address=?, job_title=? WHERE emp_no=?");       

mysqli_stmt_bind_param($stmt, 'ssssssssi', $item->birth_date->toString('YYYY-MM-dd HH:mm:ss'), $item->first_name, $item->last_name, $item->gender, $item->hire_date->toString('YYYY-MM-dd HH:mm:ss'), $item->phone_no, $item->email_address, $item->job_title, $item->emp_no);       

}

/**
     * Deletes the item corresponding to the passed primary key value from
     * the table.
     * @return void
     */
    public function deleteEmployees($itemID) {

$stmt = mysqli_prepare($this->connection, "DELETE FROM $this->tablename WHERE emp_no = ?");

mysqli_stmt_bind_param($stmt, 'i', $itemID);

}

/**
     * Returns the number of rows in the table.
     */
    public function count() {
        $stmt = mysqli_prepare($this->connection, "SELECT COUNT(*) AS COUNT FROM $this->tablename");

mysqli_stmt_bind_result($stmt, $rec_count);

mysqli_stmt_fetch($stmt);

return $rec_count;
    }

/**
     * Returns $numItems rows starting from the $startIndex row from the
     * table.
     * @return array
     */
    public function getEmployees_paged($startIndex, $numItems) {

$stmt = mysqli_prepare($this->connection, "SELECT * FROM $this->tablename LIMIT ?, ?");

mysqli_stmt_bind_param($stmt, 'ii', $startIndex, $numItems);

$rows = array();

while (mysqli_stmt_fetch($stmt)) {
          $row->birth_date = new DateTime($row->birth_date);
          $row->hire_date = new DateTime($row->hire_date);
          $rows[] = $row;
          $row = new stdClass();
        }

return $rows;
    }

/**
     * Utility function to throw an exception if an error occurs
     * while running a mysql command.
     */
    private function throwExceptionOnError($link = null) {
        if($link == null) {
            $link = $this->connection;
        }
        if(mysqli_error($link)) {
            $msg = mysqli_errno($link) . ": " . mysqli_error($link);
            throw new Exception('MySQL Error - '. $msg);
        }       
    }
}

?>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2010 Sep 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, looks like there are errors when passing parameters, can you check your code are just hardcode the parameters for time being to check whether everything is working fine.

Thanks

-Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2010 Oct 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I tried to not to change the generated PHP code and launch function getAllEmployeesResult.token = employeesService.getAllEmployees(); instead of getAllEmployeesResult.token = employeesService.getAllEmployees(txtSearch.text);

still the same error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2010 Oct 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the error when you try to run it from Test operation from the Data/Services panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2010 Oct 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InvocationTargetException:There was an error while  invoking the operation. Check your operation inputs or server code and try  invoking the operation again.

Reason:
Warning:  mysqli_connect() expects parameter 5 to be long, string given in  C:\wamp\www\phpConnect\services\EmployeesService.php on line  44

Warning: mysqli_error() expects parameter 1 to be  mysqli, null given in  C:\wamp\www\phpConnect\services\EmployeesService.php on line  258

Warning: mysqli_prepare() expects parameter 1 to be  mysqli, null given in  C:\wamp\www\phpConnect\services\EmployeesService.php on line  58

Warning: mysqli_error() expects parameter 1 to be  mysqli, null given in  C:\wamp\www\phpConnect\services\EmployeesService.php on line  258

Warning: mysqli_stmt_execute() expects parameter 1 to  be mysqli_stmt, null given in  C:\wamp\www\phpConnect\services\EmployeesService.php on line  61

Warning: mysqli_stmt_bind_result() expects parameter 1  to be mysqli_stmt, null given in  C:\wamp\www\phpConnect\services\EmployeesService.php on line  66

Warning: mysqli_stmt_fetch() expects parameter 1 to be  mysqli_stmt, null given in  C:\wamp\www\phpConnect\services\EmployeesService.php on line  68

Warning: mysqli_stmt_free_result() expects parameter 1  to be mysqli_stmt, null given in  C:\wamp\www\phpConnect\services\EmployeesService.php on line  76

Warning: mysqli_close() expects parameter 1 to be  mysqli, null given in  C:\wamp\www\phpConnect\services\EmployeesService.php on line  77
    /0/onResult˙˙˙˙ � Uflex.messaging.messages.AcknowledgeMessage correlationId clientId destination messageId timestamp timeToLive headers  body I22F739C2-7008-D1FF-4C6F-C37EF031B6F4 I37DE091D-AC33-2488-4A61-00002154B7E3  I204A7F21-8C87-90C9-E2B3-0000211F7CC6  128622908400       

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2011 Feb 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i know this is an old post but in case someone stumbles onto it with the same problem, having just started with Flex, and using Xampp I had the same problem, but once I specified the port to mysql as 3306 - this problem stopped.

Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2011 Jul 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even if you are using Wamp it's the same, I want to remind you that you have to use port 3306 during the connection setup inside your Flex IDE.20110713-i19-281kb.jpg

Message was edited by Aldo Marsilio www.flashbackstage.com

Message was edited by: aldo marsilio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines