37 Replies Latest reply: Apr 24, 2012 12:55 PM by almacote RSS

Unable to install Presenter 7 with office 2010. Please help

paymakr

Hello, I previously posted this under a different title, but wondered if I might get more help with a new title.

I have recently installed Office 2010 (not an upgrade from 2007). Normally I operate on a Mac, but I am using a PC for the specific purpose of using Presenter 7. I have a brand new version of windows XP Pro with sp3. I purchased Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended, which installed successfully with the provided serial number. Presenter 7 is also included in the software, but there is not a separate serial number for it. 

Adobe recently announced that Presenter 7 would support Office 2010, but I have been on the phone with them all evening (first Customer Support, then Tech Support, then the install team, then Adobe Connect, and back to Customer Support) and nobody there has been able to help me get the program installed properly.

There are two problems.

1) When I use the Presenter 7 install disk, I am given an error that says "Microsoft PowerPoint cannot be detected." I have PowerPoint installed already (PowerPoint 2010). This error appears because at the time I purchased the software, Presenter 7 did not support Office 2010. So...

2) Then I go to http://www.adobe.com/products/presenter/?promoid=DJDXB and click the download link to download a new version of presenter 7 that is compatible with MS Office 2010. But when I do this, it requires a serial number to install presenter 7. As I stated above, there is no serial number included in the software package.

I've also tried the "autoplay" tactic that I've read about online but it doesn't work.

This is very frustrating for obvious reasons. If Adobe's site says they support MS Office 2010 for Presenter 7, why am I unable to install?

Please help.