• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interface Color

New Here ,
May 15, 2009 May 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do the navagation areas, collum headings and other interactive features have to be black?

Can you put a feature in that allows us to delete collums or hide them?

When you remove a book in the library why doesnt the thumbnail go away in the "My Digital Editions Folder"

Please if possible give us more control over interface pesonalization.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2010 Jan 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very interested too.  White with black text on a computer screen is too hard on the eyes for comfortable reading.  I like the features and simplicity, but will have to look for something else if I can't change the interface.

I was glad to see the dark background when first installing, but when the book came up in stark high contrast black and white, I was disappointed.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2010 Jan 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I was impressed by the interface A Lot, I love it. But when I opened my first book and found that I couldn't change the background and font color

I was disappointed. So far I really like Digital Editions, but having the options to change the background color, font color, and possibly the font would make this Amazing. The high contrast between black and white makes it hard to read for a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 16, 2010 Sep 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's September 2010 and options to set background, interface and page color are not available yet. That shows how much Adobe cares for accessibility. Even candid requests for help such as http://forums.adobe.com/message/2228188#2228188 have been ignored.

I'm uninstalling ADE right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2010 Oct 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know Adobe Digital Editions is a free product, but given how sophisticated and expensive their commercial products are you might think Adobe would pay just a little more attention to users of their promotional free software just to help promote sales.

That said I have found a workaround for the background color and text contrast problem in Adobe Digital Editions that is a passable solution for me.  I simply go into the monitor setup for my Viewsonic Monitor and change the color temperature to sRGB and the screen becomes grey with black text.  If your monitor has color temperature adjustments, give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thirteen years later, a newcomer arrived with the same questions. Will GTA 6 and the next Elder Scrolls come out before Adobe creates such features? As astonishing as it sounds, Mount and Blade Bannerlord already came out. Tesla cars became famous after this, and Uber came into existence later on. Air fryers, AirBnB, TikTok, James Webb Telescope, TV adaption of The Last of Us, end of Adobe Flash Player. So many technological changes in the world while new generations come here to look for answers from the ancient past. We still don't have to change to dark background for better comfort. While that, tech companies understood the effects of the blue light, and computers and phone brands ensured they would offer more comfort. If GTA 6 comes around, I will be back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines