• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating absolute links instead of relative

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2010 Oct 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp 7 HTML Web Help.  From what I understand, any time you create links in RoboHelp, the RoboHelp editor should create them in a "relative" manner, which is what I want and which is what used to happen.  But now it is creating them in an absolute manner.  I don't know how it changed or how to get it back to creating the links in the relative manner.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

What are you seeing that is leading you to believe the links are absolute? Can you provide a screen shot or describe it?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

When I create the link by dragging and dropping or by using the Hyperlink icon, the full path shows in the Hyperlink dialog box and in the IE Status Bar.

HL.JPG

SB.JPG

I can manually delete the path, and then everything is okay.

SB_R.JPG

I'd like to not have to manually delete the path.  I've been doing things the same way for a long time, and I can't figure out what would have changed.

Thanks,

Ray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When creating the link it does show as absolute. Click OK and then reopen the dialog, hey presto, it is relative. It's been that way for a long time.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2010 Oct 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, but it doesn't work that way for me.  When I reopen the dialog, it is still absolute and I have to manually delete the path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2010 Oct 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you are linking to something inside the project? That's the only time I can think of that it does not work that way and I can't believe RoboHelp is singling you out on this.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2010 Oct 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am definitely linking to something inside the project. Maybe those paranoid thoughts of mine are real ;o)

One odd thing that happens - When I drag & drop to create the link, it starts out as file://\\   but if I go into the Hyperlink dialog box and hit OK , it changes to file:/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2010 Oct 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drag from and to where? Exactly how are you creating the link?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I drag from the Project Manager to the document in the main frame.

Drag.jpg

If I use the Insert Hyperlink dialog box, it still creates an absolute link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I want to be 100% sure here.

• If you use Insert Hyperlink you get the absolute path. Even if you OK that without making any changes, when you open the hyperlink dialog, it is still the absolute path.

• If you drag the file from Project Manager you also get the absolute path. It starts with //\\ and converts to just // but still shows the absolute path.

Your project is on your C drive. What is the full path to the project?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp