• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lauch failed (initial content not found)

Contributor ,
Oct 03, 2010 Oct 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've run in to a nasty error:

I have an MXML file which indicates an error next to it's filename (the little x in the red box). However, when I open it Flash builder does not indicate an error on any of it's lines. Removing newly written content and saving did not help.

After a while trying 'stuff' I tried the "Clean..." option from the project menu. If I do so, Flash builder no longer shows the error until I try to run or debug the app. However... Flash Builder fails to start the app at all now .

It first states the project contains errors and If I opt to proceed building Flash Builder now gives the error:

"Launch Failed"

"Process terminated unexpectedly

Initial content not found

Launch command details {some details on which files etc.}"

It renders the project useless since I cannot test anything. Anyone any bright ideas?

Kind regards,

Manno

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2010 Oct 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is Project -> Build Automatically turned on? If not, turn it on. Then even after a clean you should get the error back.

You need to resolve the error for a SWF file to be generated. If in bin-debug, you see yourappname.swf, then all is well.

Cheers,

Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 07, 2010 Oct 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Anirudh,

Thanks for the tips.

I should have posted but i already figuredit out. There was à conflict with an existing flash class even though in the offending line full path to the class was defined. Most annoying was that there was no indication in the gutter. I'll see if i can reproduce it in a barebones file to post it here.

Kind regards

Manno

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines