• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can we change the font size of (none) style in RH8?

Oct 07, 2010 Oct 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In RH8 when you add bullets, numbers or a new row to an existing table the style immediately to (none).  And (none) is 12pt.  Our "Normal" is a 10pt....and the font size does NOT show in the editor for (none)...only in Preview or compiled webhelp.  So many people are missing that they have a (none) applied somewhere in the topic until its in Production.

I can't find (none) in the stylesheets and it doesn't allow me to select and edit it.

Is there a way to change the (none) size font to Arial 10pt?  The Arial seems to hold from Normal to (none) but the 12pt is killing us.

It would be nice if it would keep the Normal that was origionally applied...but if I can force 10pt life would be much, much simpler.  ??

THANK YOU for your creative answers!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Teri.

You certainly can change the "None" style but I think it is not good to leave text in topics with no style assigned to it. When assigning things like bullets using the formatting toolbar icon it applies a "None" style forcing you to select a style (e.g. Normal). See here for further details (look in the RH8 section).

If you want to change the "None" style, expand the "Other" styles section of your CSS file. In there is a "Background + Text [Body]" style that can be changed. It is this style that is used by the "None" style.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

I've read Peter's wonderful information and realize that we need a style attached....but...if we miss it I'd like to not pay such a heavy penalty...!  This should do the trick.  I will play with it and see if I can ease the pain a little.

Thank you for responding quickly!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could also do what I suggested offline which is define font stuff in the list editor. Then it takes on the size of the list styles as defined for each list.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp