Expand my Community achievements bar.

Automatically pull some info from database?

Level 2

Hello,

I am working on a project for my work, and was wondering if this is even a possibility.  The project is to track returned checks for a financial institution.  The user will enter in the data for each check that has been returned.  This data can be split into two categories: account information and check information.  Account information will include details such as account number, address, etc of the person who deposited the check.  Check information will include the check amount, check number, etc.

I would like the form to automatically input the account information if it has been previously entered into the database, or be left blank if it is a new account.  The check information would be different every time.  Please let me know if this is even possible in LiveCycle or if I would be better off using some other program.

Thanks

4 Replies

Former Community Member

This can definitely be done with LiveCycle Designer. If your target database supports OLEDB you can connect to table, retrieve columns and bind the row data to form fields.

Take a look at the Designer 8.2 doc for working with data sources http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/acrobat_designer/000848.html.

Steve

Level 2

Steve,

Can my form be be linked to an OpenOffice.org database?  If so, how is this done?

Former Community Member

LiveCycle Designer supports OLEDB-enabled databases (and ODBC if you are really stuck). Are you using the native OpenOffice Base database (HSQL)?

Steve

Level 2

Yes I am.  The only reason that I am using this is that I am comfortable with it.  Is there another program that I can use to get the OLE DB with that is easy to learn?  I don't have much experience with databases.