• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't read a book

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2010 Oct 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like a fool in this august company, but I can't do anything in Adobe Digital Editions.  I have a black window with the title of the book I want to read entered in the right hand panel, but clicking on it does nothing.  I just want to know what I am supposed to do the read the book?

Thanks, Bill

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2010 Oct 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're in library view there should be a small click-down arrow next to the book cover. You can click that to open item. Or just double click the cover to open the ebook. If you're in reading view, you should be able to scroll through the pages using arrow keys or scroll bar on far right side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2010 Oct 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dog of War, that began to clarify things for me.  I get the same view in both Library and Reader, which is just an icon, not a picture of the cover of the book, and double clicking doesn't do anything.

I clicked on a right pointing small arrow at the upper left corner of the book icon and got a menu.  I selected Error, and got a message that the "Document is licensed for a different user account"  It's licensed to me at my Barnes and Noble account.  Is it telling me it isn't licensed to me at my Adobe account?  And, if it is, is there any thing I can do about it?

Thanks, Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2010 Nov 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  The books are licensed to me from B&N and I can't read them.  Same message about item "Document is licensed for a different user account".  I did have another userid (or so the thing claims) but if so, that was quite a while ago and my books were ordered under the present ID.  There is nowhere it will let me enter this old userid anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 10, 2010 Nov 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Digital Editions does not (yet) support content from B&N.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines