Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you Format expanding text?

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2010 Oct 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robohelp 8.0.2.208

I'm trying to format some of my expanding text to include indents and possibly lists.

I can't find this in the help: in fact, can't find the expanding text feature in the help either.

For example, I wand to format this:

Values: [target] [operation] [value] 

Where:

[target] is used to select the part of the e-mail to use in the comparison.  Values: SUBJECT, FROM, TO, BODY

[operation] is the operation to be performed.  Values: EQUALS, CONTAINS

[value]  is the string to search for in the target using the operation. Since the semicolon character functions as a rule
separator within this parameter, any semicolons within your string must be expressed as two semicolons (;;).

IN THIS MANNER:

Values: [target] [operation] [value] 

Where:

[target] is used to select the part of the e-mail to use in the comparison.  Values: SUBJECT, FROM, TO, BODY

[operation] is the operation to be performed.  Values: EQUALS, CONTAINS

[value]  is the string to search for in the target using the operation. Since the semicolon character functions as a rule
     separator within this parameter, any semicolons within your string must be expressed as two semicolons (;;).

Thanks.

Writing in FL

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 07, 2010 Oct 07, 2010

I just want to point out that 'expanding text' is inline within a paragraph and not much can be done except font, colour, size etc.

'Drop-down text' on the other hand expands to one or more paragraphs. These paragraphs can be styled just like normal text.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked Peter Grainge's site (grainge.org)? He's got info on expanding text & twisties I believe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to point out that 'expanding text' is inline within a paragraph and not much can be done except font, colour, size etc.

'Drop-down text' on the other hand expands to one or more paragraphs. These paragraphs can be styled just like normal text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2010 Oct 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Trough the RoboHelp style sheet editor, you can only change a few things. (Project manager > Style sheets > your style sheet > Character > Expanding text)

If you don't mind coding css yourself, you can amend span.expandtext. This will allow you to create borders, background images, margins, etc.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2010 Oct 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Amebr! I tried it and it worked great!!!!

I'll look up Peter Grainge's website later, but I'm back on track for now. I dunno about coding .CSS...a little high powered for me just yet. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp