Expand my Community achievements bar.

livecycle orderform subform details and naming rows

Level 1

I am trying to insert data into a pdf for an order form.
The initial form part works fine (PO number, name, company, etc).

I am running onto difficulty populating the subform details though. I have a table wrapped in a subform called "details". The table is called "table1". Then the row with the row data is called "row1".
a) How should I set this up in livecycle for all of the rows to be taken into account?
b) And what should my data for each row look like (I'm using coldfusion)?

for part b) should the data look like this?

pdfDescription: apples

pdfQuantity: 2.0000

pdfDescription: oranges

pdfQuantity: 5.0000

or like this?

pdfDescription1: apples

pdfQuantity1: 2.0000

pdfDescription2: oranges

pdfQuantity2: 5.0000

or something else?

6 Replies

Former Community Member

I recommend you create a schema and connected it to the form. You will then have a contract that ColdFusion and LiveCycle Designer can agree upon.

Steve

Level 1

they were both built to work directly together. not sure if this is even the source of the problem.

I have tested the output in coldfusion and there is no problem there.

I am new to livecycle though and have never seen a working example of a flowable layout. I have seen the example in the tutorial but it doesn't really show how the rows are added in the tables and what sort of data is needed for more than the first row to be recognised.

Former Community Member

Yes, it can be a little tricky. I have attached a dynamic form that contains a positioned subform within a flowed subform. I have attached the embedded schema and the xml exported from the form, also.

Take a look and see if it makes sense.

Steve

Level 1

2 thinigs...

-how do you add an attachment here? I've been looking but only see add image or video.

- my pdf is does not have a data connection as it is coldfusion that pushes this. I did not something that may help...in your Defaul binding you have a little bit of script eg $.item.item[*].quantity whereas mine is simply Normal. should I change this? is there any documentation on this...i haven't found anything other than if you bind the data but as I mentioned it is pushed or dynamically binded by conldfusion on the go.

Former Community Member

Unfortunately we had to shut down the attachment feature to non-employees because of repeated security attacks.

If you send the form and the XML you are trying to merge with the form I would be happy to take a look.

stwalker.adobe@gmail.com

Steve

Level 1

I finally got this to work. I had to set overwritedata=”yes” in coldfusion. That was it.

Shawn