• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF Builder PlugIn killed by Adobe Updater

Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2010 Oct 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently re-installed CF Builder as a plugin to FB4 on a Mac. Before doing that, I completely uninstalled the standalone, including all preferences and hidden files.Things were working just fine for over a week until today. First I got a couple of strange Java errors right after trying to stop a debug session. So I restarted FB4 and continued working. Then up popped the Adobe Updater saying it had "Update 1" for CF Builder ready to install. I thought I already installed it but wasn't sure so I said ok. Big mistake. After it finished the install, I rebooted FB4 and now every file tab that had a CF page open has a big red square and an error that says it can't find the right editor.

What do I do now? Can I back out the update? Is there a setting I need to change?

Dana

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Oct 08, 2010 Oct 08, 2010

Hi,

ColdFusion Builder requires you to start with -clean option after updater is run as plugin.Do you want to try this once.

As you are saying FB is standalone and CF Builder is installed as plugin please try launching the Flash Builder as

FB Home>./Adobe\ Flash\ Builder\ 4.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe\ Flash\ Builder\ 4 -clean

Thanks,

Krishna

Votes

Translate

Translate
Oct 07, 2010 Oct 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I sent your message to the installer contact on the CF Builder team to see if he's familiar with it, or has a workaround. I'll keep you posted as I learn more.

Meanwhile, I found these KB articles that might help:

CF Builder Update 1 issues:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/846/cpsid_84607.html

FB 4.0.1 issues (see the entries about CF Builder):

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/840/cpsid_84098.html

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 08, 2010 Oct 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

ColdFusion Builder requires you to start with -clean option after updater is run as plugin.Do you want to try this once.

As you are saying FB is standalone and CF Builder is installed as plugin please try launching the Flash Builder as

FB Home>./Adobe\ Flash\ Builder\ 4.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe\ Flash\ Builder\ 4 -clean

Thanks,

Krishna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2010 Oct 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, that worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines