• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you insert a keyframe???

Participant ,
Oct 07, 2010 Oct 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

frustrated....Ive search every forum, every beginner video tutorial, the help files, etc... and nothing anywhere tells how to insert a keyframe.  How do you do this??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a litlle STOPWATCH icon next to any parameter setting.

I am sure you will see it in the Help File but I do recomend a book  like Classroom in a Book for AEFX CS5.

Keyframes are what drives AEFX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this:

"Set or add a keyframe"

Since you're new to After Effects, I very strongly recommend that you start here and work your way through the materials linked to:

http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2010/01/getting-started-with-after-eff.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanx for the beginner stuff, Ill definitely look it over.

About the keyframe thing, it says to click a diamond shaped button as well as a stopwatch button, where are those buttons?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're in the Timeline panel. It really helps if you've gone through the basics so that you know these things. Please go through the getting-started resources that I pointed you to; it will make things much easier for you, and it will make it easier for you to ask questions and understand the answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In case some one gets confused too. I found the stop watch icon (looks like old alarm clock) in my added effect option (hue saturation in my case) there i clicked it. So as i understand it works trough effects u want to create and not by adding key frame then picking effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines