Expand my Community achievements bar.

Installing Workbench ES2 into Eclipse

Level 1

When trying to install Workbench ES2 (9.0.0) into Eclipse 3.6.1 the following error is encountered:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
Software currently installed: Adobe Livecycle Workbench ES 9.0.0 (com.adobe.ide.feature.group 9.0.0)
Missing requirement: Adobe Livecycle Workbench ES 9.0.0 (com.adobe.ide.feature.group 9.0.0) requires 'com.adobe.ape.osnative.win [9.0.0]' but it could not be found.

The elusive com.adobe.ape.osnative.win is in fact in the eclipse/plugins folder?

I have ensured that the GEF, WST XML Core and the Mylyn Task List (for the plugin 'org.apache.commons.lang_2.3.0') are all installed.

I am using Windows 7 64-bit as my dev client.

I have Workbench installed onto my E: drive and it is working fine.

I simply point Eclipse via the standard archive install to the Workbench archive in the Program Files location and tell it to install. I get as far as Eclipse warning me about the unsigned component which I dutifully ignore as per instructions and then I get the above error.

Am I missing something?

1 Reply

Former Community Member

The following note can be found in the ES2 SP2 and ES 2.5 release notes at http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/releasenotes.html

Installing Workbench to Eclipse on 64 bit systems [Ref 2696261] ** New for 9.5 **

To install Adobe LiveCycle Workbench 9.5 to Eclipse on a 64 bit operating system, you must use a 32 bit version of Eclipse.

I will validate whether or not this applies to Workbench 9.0 and let you know.

Steve