1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 240 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2012 1:58 PM by Harm Millaard Go to original post Branched to a new discussion.
      • 160. Re: What PC to build?
        Ben_Jacobson

Edit

• 161. Re: What PC to build?
          LaciG Level 1

Thanks Bill! Just in time - I was about to order this card. (Apparently, others are having similar problems ...) I never heard of the PCI-x standard. I could use two "ASUS U3S6 True USB 3.0 & True SATA 6Gbps PCIe x4 Expansion Cards" http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/675535-REG/ASUS_U3S6_U3S6_True_USB_3_0.html(and they are SATA III and USB 3.0 cards, $23.00 each!). However, this would use up my two remaining PCIe slots.

I am still searching for an internal 4x PCIe SATA II (or SATA III) expansion card - in a reasonable price range. I do not expect it for 2 x $23.00, but certainly would like something under $200.... Any suggestion?

Have you heard of the "SYBA SY-PEX40008 PCI Express SATA II Controller Card" (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816124027)? My only concern is that it does not explicitly states Windows 7 as required OpSys. (Sent e-mail to support - they might even reply...) Also, NewEgg is out of it. Thanks again, Laci. P.S. I actually started assembling the computer about 10 days ago - still gathering experience with hardware.

• 162. Re: What PC to build?
            Bill Gehrke Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Laci,  Take a look at this one from Adaptec 1405.

• 163. Re: What PC to build?
              LaciG Level 1

Hi Bill, This is probably a very good card (although it got only 'two eggs' on NewEgg - but again, this is the average of two people's opinion ). I guess it is still a good card but it seems to me that it needs  special  connector cables. (It may come in the box?) At $150 it is not too expensive ($125 open box), but the SYBA (http://www.amazon.com/Syba-Express-Ports-Controller-SY-PEX40008/dp/B002R0DZWQ) is only ~$60, and (for me, superficially) looks good for the job (only for extra ports and not for RAID). What would be the shortcomings of this card? I really appreciate your help. This is basically the last item I am trying to decide on before I can start the even more exciting part (OpSys installation, fine tuning, etc.) So, I can go with your suggestion but I would like to know what those cables are in the product description, and also, that it is certified for Windows 7. I will try to contact the manufacturer tomorrow, but if you have the answer (and a few minutes) I would greatly appreciate your input (which would be more unbiased that the manufacturer's ). Thanks again, Laci.

• 164. Re: What PC to build?
                bad Timing

I was interested in your potential list of computers and saw a big jump from $2100 to $8,000.  I thought I might add another choice for around $4,200. Our computers are all Dell Alienware Aurora's.  I never see much mention of them for video editing.  We think they are a great low cost choice.  That said, I am glad we are all different.  So, no argument from me whatever you happen to prefer.

We are not, definitely not, experts in hardware or software.  But we do have 4 relatively new computers all running CS5.  So we have some benchmark data other people maybe can't produce simply because they don't have more than one computer.

All our editing is in Premier and is AVCHD.  Plus we use After Effects quite a bit.  So those two are the only programs of interest to us for comparisons. 

All 4 computers are Dell Alienware Auroras.  All purchased within the past 5 months.  Please don't scold us because we have C:/  two drives raid 0 and D: one drive.  We do all our work from D.  I can't see where we are slowed down by disk speed for our computer intensive work.  I may be proven wrong.  We have had " 0 " issues with the four computers.  We like them now.  Time will tell.  I liked my first wife at first also.

Three of the computers have the i7 920 processors and 12 mb of ram.  None overclocked.  Two of those have quadro 3800 cards and one has a 295.

I know all of this has been a little boring so far.

The fourth computer is new, which is why I am writing this post.  This is our first day using it.  It has a i7 980 3.3 ghz.  We paid Dell to overclock this computer to 3.73 ghz.  I am not smart enough to know if they did.  The bios says 3.3 ghz.  It makes me dizzy to try to understand voltage, etc.  so maybe it is 3.7.  I just don't know.  This computer has 24 gb ram.  Nvidia 460.

So our benchmark rendering:

Premier with Mercury playback enabled -  60 minuts vs. 17 minutes

without  -   90           vs. 20

After Effects:       122 minutes   vs.   76 minutes 

On the Premier rendering we saw all 8 and 12 threads at near 100% and ram usage about the same at 8 gb for both computers.  I learned in this forum from someone that the rendering is faster with Mercury PB.  We all read on Adobe propaganda it helped our playback.  But it is faster in render also.  It does help speed.  What a great surprise.  What we don't know is how much the 460 card helped speed over the 3800.  From the data it actually appears the 3800 aids in speed more than the Fermi 460.  Interesting isn't it.  I don't know what conclusion to draw.

The After Effects result is about what we guessed we would see for speed improvement.  We did use 20gb of ram with the 980 processor. 

That is about the limit of our scientific ability.  Please don't get much more technical with us.

I am thankful for all the incredible information we glean here.  You have saved us several times.  I am only hoping to give a little back.

Good luck, all.

• 165. Re: What PC to build?
                  Harm Millaard Level 7

Devys,

Great to hear you are so satisfied with all your four systems. What would interest me is how those four systems fare on the PPBM5 Benchmark because that will show how your systems perform in comparison to others.

Please do the tests and e-mail the results to Bill as instructed and PM them to me as well.

• 166. Re: What PC to build?
                    Blake Tijerina

I have been reading your forums for months now and they are all awsome. I work at a computer store so i have done a few bulids but i'm looking at getting away from mac for my next editing system. I would like to get your ideas on this set up. (I DO INTEND TO OVERCLOCK)

i am a little turn on the kind of memory so please help i will be getting this system this month. I do know the power suplly is a little low but i would upgrade when i add another video card.

1x Intel Xeon W3530 Bloomfield 2.8GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Server Processor

1x ASUS Rampage III Extreme LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

1x EVGA 012-P3-1470-AR GeForce GTX 470 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16

1x G.SKILL Trident+ Turbulence II 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) cas is 7

Boot Drive 1x OCZ RevoDrive OCZSSDPX-1RVD0120 PCI-E x4 120GB PCI Express MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

2x Western Digital Caviar Black WD1501FASS 1.5TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"

1x PLEXTOR Black 12X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 5X DVD-RAM 8X BD-ROM 4MB Cache

1x PLEXTOR Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB

1x XFX Black Edition P1-750B-CAG9 750W ATX12V v2.2 / ESP12V v2.91 SLI  Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power  Supply

1x Antec Lanboy air Yellow Black / Yellow Computer Modular Case

1x CoolIT SYSTEMS ECO-R120 Advanced Liquid Cooling (ALC)

again im not to sure on the memory the people i work with say the cas dosent really matter that much and they all say kingston.

it will be runnign win 7 pro 64 bit and adobe master coll.

• 167. Re: What PC to build?
                      Scott Chichelli Level 3

building a gaming box or NLE system?

whats with the Xeon? no point to it, its the exact same as a 930. and its more money add to that you can buy a 950 for less $

whats with the rampage board? over priced for no benefit

liquid cooling? complete waste of money overclocking or not...

the OCZ SSD PCIe card again total waste. if you insist on an SSD for an OS

then get a Mushkin Callisto 120

Scott

ADK

• 168. Re: What PC to build?
                        Blake Tijerina Level 1

xeon give more for oc or so i was told. i was looking at the 950 maybe i should just go with that. the board is one of  the best raited boards for overclocking. the cooling i got it brand new for free so thats why. and is there any real gain from ssd besides money saved and trim?

• 169. Re: What PC to build?

I just invested money in a Callisto just to see if the newer generation of SSD's would help with our PPBM5 benchmark,  I have several different boot disks and I am getting the exact same scores as I get with my old standby WD 150 GB Velociraptor.  Thanks Scott, for the comment on the OCZ SSD card, I was wondering if it had any value.

• 170. Re: What PC to build?
                            Blake Tijerina Level 1

so if it did not help your bench marks i might just stick to a reg ssd thanks for the info

• 171. Re: What PC to build?
                              Scott Chichelli Level 3

Hey Bill,

if you recall the original posts i did of all the drive benchmakrs etc where i showed SSD/Raptor/regular Sata showed no gains

and also using a seperate temp file (pagefile) drive showed no gains with Sata/SSD/Raptor.

in other words SSD is rather pointless other than faster boot times, snappier windows experiance (semi) i have seen where it does help the temp files a tad but it may be more windows based than adobe based.

Scott

ADK

i do like my Callisto however :-)

• 172. Re: What PC to build?
                                Blake Tijerina Level 1

Scott,

this would be a NLE system

So revodrive out.

what mobo would you sugest im looking for on that will last and has nice features.

thanks for any input.

Blake

• 173. Re: What PC to build?
                                  ECBowen Most Valuable Participant

My vote is stay with the G-Skill. Kingston is way overpriced for the performance series and definitely not any better. G-Skill has penetrated the enthusiasts market which is no small feat these days. Go with them.

Eric

ADK

• 174. Re: What PC to build?
                                    Blake Tijerina Level 1

ok cool I was getting a lot of flak from the guys I work with about G-skill.

any suggestions on the motherboard. i do like the they out of the rampage but it is a little pricy

Blake

• 176. Re: What PC to build?

Why not just get the Sabertooth?

BTW who ever told you the Xeons overclock better is incorrect unless they are comparing older packaged Xeons to the newer 950's & 930's.

Eric

ADK

• 177. Re: What PC to build?
                                        Blake Tijerina Level 1

I was just looking at the Sabertooth it cant do 3 way sli but i would never do that and it saves me another 150 .

the techs were i work thats what they have in there systems.does the 950 overclock well?

• 178. Re: What PC to build?
                                          bad Timing Level 1

Thank you for your kind help.  this is a great tool.

I dont know how I missed the MPE on/off.  But I do know the computer is

running about as it should.  Great tool.

• 179. Re: What PC to build?
                                            Chuck A. McIntyre Level 3

Not questioning the results, but it does seem that an SSD should provide a performance advantage.  I see non-Premiere related benchmarks indicating faster boot times and copy speeds.  I wonder if these other general advantages SSD's provide to a system should be viewed as offsetting the lack of advantage directly related to Premiere Pro CS5 performance. Are they a worthwhile investment considering the general advantages? They are expensive, so I'm thinking it may be a "Money to burn" luxury at this time.

I also notice that on the PPBM5 results spreadsheet that the 980X's are right up there with the dual Xeon's.  A dual Xeon-based editing system has to be MUCH more expensive than one based upon the 980X.  I understand that with the Xeon, you can use ECC memory.  My question is, are there any advantages to spending the money on a dual Xeon system besides the advantage of loading up on more memory?  I remember several years ago, the Adobe roadshow team would do live demos on a Xeon-based system because they felt that it reduced the incidence of crashes during their presentations.  Now with Win7 64, CS5 etc. are there still stability advantages to using a Xeon-based system?

BTW... Re - I would love to see a top-end Mac Pro using FInal Cut compared with one of the top performing PC's on the PPBM5 chart.

• 180. Re: What PC to build?
                                              Scott Chichelli Level 3

i have more numbers i have not posted on my site but i know Eric posted the ppmb #s like the 3.33GHz and 3.33GHz OCed to 4GHz Dual Xeons

also 2.66 OCed to i think it was 3.8GHz

anyway unless going up to the 2.9GHz and higher (or OCing) Dual Xeons are a complete waste.

the 970/980s beat them.

as far as SSDs in both the ppbm5 test and our tests there was little to no improvement.

yes faster boot and snappier windows experiance but little to nothing for Adobe.

as far as Apple and Final cut well its presently embarressing for Apple.

i would rather Eric commented.

Scott

ADK

• 181. Re: What PC to build?
                                                FelixUnderwood

Eric, at ADK, saved me probably $1-2K by talking me out of going with dual Xeons. With the Front Side Bus now history with today's current CPUs, I think the performance advantage to dual processors has greatly diminished, especially when taking the financial hit into account.

• 182. Re: What PC to build?

Scott Wrote:

as far as Apple and Final cut well its presently embarressing for Apple. i would rather Eric commented.

Eric, please let us know of any recent performance data related to a top-end Mac using Final Cut Pro vs a top performing 980x Premiere Pro CS5 based computer with a GTX 480, MPE turned on.

I had an Avid/ Final Cut video editor friend over my house the other day. I was helping him configure a new PC video editing system. I showed him the video DAVTechTable - Sneak Peek/Mercury Playback Engine. He sat there in disbelief.  He never heard of The Mercury Playback Engine.  He was considering a Mac Pro & Final Cut and considered a PC for video editing to be sort of an unfortunate compromise due to budget.  The MPE video changed his thinking.

I'm just surprised that there aren't yet any top-end Mac/Final Cut Pro vs 980X PC PrPro CS5 (Mercury On) comparisons to be found anywhere.

Eric:

Are you able to do a side by side in your lab?

• 183. Re: What PC to build?

I believe that our PPBM5 benchmark could possibly be used to run two of the four tests (MPEG2-DVD and H.264 BR encoding) on a Mac.  The only negative possibility here is if we might have used an video effect that is not available on the Mac.

The data gathering script of course would not work but I am assuming that on a Mac there is a similar file to the PC file "AMEEncodingLog.txt" which could tell us the time that these two tests take to perform.

The third of our four tests is a disk intensive test producing an AVI file which of course is not a native Mac format and therefore not a comparable entity.

The fourth test is Rendering the Timeline which produces 12 files with MPE Hardware Acceration or 88 files with Software MPE, here our VBS script searches for the first time and the last modified time.  I am sure that someone could write a Java script or some Unix type script to get that information.

If anyone has access to a Mac it would be interesting to at least have partial data.

• 184. Re: What PC to build?

I have a Mac Pro Dual Xeon coming through the queue soon. The client bought Adobe and they also have Final Cut but I don't know if they are going to have us preinstall that. Either way I can test it with Adobe to compare. However to answer your question, Final Cut will not perform as well as Adobe since it's 32 Bit and Adobe is 64Bit now. Until that changes if at all anytime soon, there really is not a need to test the 2 for a comparison between Final Cut and Adobe. Add to this the multi-threading issues with OSX and Apple's Pro Res Codec in Final Cut and the performance is not even close. I will atleast be able to give you a comparison between platforms using Adobe. I will post them as soon as we get the Mac Pro and I get it up to test.

The other point to make on this is the Xeon has it's place depending  on your workflow and material you deal with. If the editor works animation, generated material, or most of their work in AE or Fusion  then the Xeon becomes the optimal solution. If the editor works with R3D material in 2K or higher then the Xeon is the optimal choice. If most of the work is video with other HD codecs then the 970 or 980 system is the better choice for the investment.

Eric

ADK

• 185. Re: What PC to build?
                                                        Appaloosa-yachting

Just come across this staggeringly useful site having spent several days researching new PC for my CS5 Premium Pro.   Meanwhile, I ended up with the idea of getting PC as below:

COOLERMASTER SILEO 500 QUIET MID TOWER CASE

Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-950 (3.06GHz) 4.8GTs/8MB Cache

ASUS® P6X58D-E: DDR3, USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, 3-Way SLI

12GB SAMSUNG DDR3 TRI-DDR3 1333MHz (3 x 4GB)

1280MB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX470 GDDR5 PCI EXPRESS - DirectX® 11

2 x 1TB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 16MB CACHE (7,200rpm

RAID 0 (STRIPED VOLUME - 2 x same size & model HDD / SSD

24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT

CORSAIR 750W PSU (TX750) 80+ ULTRA QUIET

TITAN FENRIR EXTREME DIRECT TOUCH COPPER CPU COOLER

Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ Xtreme Audio

ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT

6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS)

I’d be most grateful for your views – including the need for the  Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ Xtreme Audio (just use on board) , whether   2x1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX would be better (some doubt on this group over Raid use) and a third Disc for OS..... have plenty of external discs for Archiving and Backup......Also running Win 7 64.

Regards

Barry

• 186. Re: What PC to build?
                                                          Appaloosa-yachting Level 1

Just come across this staggeringly useful site having spent several days researching new PC for my CS5 Premium Pro.  Meanwhile, I ended up with the idea of getting PC as below:

COOLERMASTER SILEO 500 QUIET MID TOWER CASE

Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-950 (3.06GHz) 4.8GTs/8MB Cache

ASUS® P6X58D-E: DDR3, USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, 3-Way SLI

12GB SAMSUNG DDR3 TRI-DDR3 1333MHz (3 x 4GB)

1280MB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX470 GDDR5 PCI EXPRESS - DirectX® 11

2 x 1TB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 16MB CACHE (7,200rpm

RAID 0 (STRIPED VOLUME - 2 x same size & model HDD / SSD

24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT

CORSAIR 750W PSU (TX750) 80+ ULTRA QUIET

TITAN FENRIR EXTREME DIRECT TOUCH COPPER CPU COOLER

Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ Xtreme Audio

ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT

6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS)

I’d be most grateful for your views – including the need for the  Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ Xtreme Audio (just use on board) , whether   2x1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX would be better (some doubt on this group over Raid use) and a third Disc for OS..... have plenty of external discs for Archiving and Backup......Also running Win 7 64.

Regards

Barry

• 187. Re: What PC to build?
                                                            Harm Millaard Level 7

Barry,

Solid choices IMO. You can leave out the SB card and use on-board sound, but do get either a 80+ GB SSD or a 150+ GB Velociraptor for a boot disk.

• 188. Re: What PC to build?

Harm

Many thanks for your help..  Will follow your advice and offer my experience back into the group when we're up and running

Best regards

Barry

• 189. Re: What PC to build?

Eric Wrote:

"However to answer your question, Final Cut will not perform as well as  Adobe since it's 32 Bit and Adobe is 64Bit now. Until that changes if at  all anytime soon, there really is not a need to test the 2 for a  comparison between Final Cut and Adobe. Add to this the multi-threading  issues with OSX and Apple's Pro Res Codec in Final Cut and the  performance is not even close."

Related to the Mac Pro, I personally like the design and attention to detail. The Mac Pro's are kind of a "Swiss Army Knife" configuration though.  In other words, they are suitable as a multi-purpose computer. E.G. servers, video editing, 3d, etc.  I think Apple should build upon the Mac Pro line and offer separate models optimized for performance within the different categories.

Comparing the performance of Final Cut on a top end Mac Pro to Premiere CS5 on a 980X based PC system with a GTX 480, Mercury Playback Engine on, will accomplish two things in my opinion:

1.) Provide solid data to those in the market for a high end video editing system. In other words would the Mac vs PC benchmarks show that a $12,000 Mac Pro is 2x slower in common video editing tasks than a 980x based PC costing $4,000?

2.) As a performance comparison becomes widely circulated, Apple may decide that it's time to make some needed changes.  Competition is good.

• 190. Re: What PC to build?

I will try and get that done one this Mac Pro coming through queue providing we end up installing Final Cut and setting it up.

Eric

ADK

• 191. Re: What PC to build?
                                                                    Blake Tijerina Level 1

Have a question is this ram compatible with this motherboard I have not been able to find out.

thanks

G.SKILL Trident+ Turbulence II 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7T-12GBTDD

ASUS Sabertooth X58 LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

If it is not what ram would any of you recomend?

Blake Tijerina

• 192. Re: What PC to build?
                                                                      cmr302

So glad I found this forum today. I'm editing a low-budget film to be shot on Red 4k middle of next year. Since I'm not actually shooting for quite sometime I've gotten about 120GB of r3d files from a friends short film here to play with. My current system is a state-of-the-art 2005 so here's what I've spec'd out....

-Win7 64bit, Intel i7 950, ASUS Sabertooth X58, 3x4GB Partiot DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 470 1280MB(012-P3-1470-AR)

I've seen some alt. mobo and ram suggestions on this thread that I'm currently reading up on so I'm open to any advice regarding my current choices.

Ok so here where I'm kinda losing my mind...I cant really afford 4-6 hdds right now and since I'm just jooking to learn the workflow, editing, grading/color correction, I was considering two WD RE3 drives at RAID 0 to start with. I would take one of my current 320GB SATA3 7200 rpm drive and use it as storage/backup externally over usb 3.0. 

Do you think I will have an issue as I learn the art and technical skill of editing with this hdd layout? The Adobe Premiere spec sheet says RAID 0 for uncompressed footage. Would it be ok to use my 2 drive Raid 0 for the OS/Program/r3d files, and edits? Sound like a whole lot of hdd work to me.

--Thanks

• 193. Re: What PC to build?
                                                                        Harm Millaard Level 7

With 191 replies, I suggest you make a new thread and repeat your question, since it is very interesting with 4K material and the disk setup. It makes it easier to find for others. Make it a topic like: "Red 4K material and disk setup?" or similar.

• 194. Re: What PC to build?

If you are wanting to know if that configuration will work at all with the R3D at 4K the answer is yes. However it is absolutely not recommended and your workflow will be slow and tedious. The monitoring wont be the best either since you will have to monitor in 1/4 scale most of the time. I would really look at making some changes to this but if that's your budget, that will have to do.

Eric

ADK

• 195. Re: What PC to build?
                                                                            adam77777

image001.png

According to the PPBM5 Benchmark results for the ultimate system, is an overclocled i7 920 cpu almost as good as an overclocled i7 980 for premiere pro cs5? (...so is the 920 better than the 940, 965, xeon, etc ?)

• 196. Re: What PC to build?
                                                                              Harm Millaard Level 7

This was an example and reality has long overtaken this example. Look at the current results: PPBM5 Benchmark

• 197. Re: What PC to build?
                                                                                adam77777 Level 1

Thanks

• 198. Re: What PC to build?
                                                                                  cmr302 Level 1

Thanks for suggesting I start a new thread. I'lll probably make one tonight. Hope someone of your expertise will chime in.

• 199. Re: What PC to build?

Harm

Many thanks for your previous.

Have somewhat altered spec having seen more input from this site (rig to be  mostly used for Premiere Pro CS5).

Memory increased to 24 gb --common view that memory counts most

4 discs tp spread load and avoided Raid

Avoided SSD because only noticeable effect would be a applications start up

• Case ANTEC NINE HUNDRED TWO
                                                                                    • Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-950 (3.06GHz) 4.8GTs/8MB Cache
                                                                                    • Motherboard    ASUS® P6X58D-E: DDR3, USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, 3-Way SLI
                                                                                    • Memory (RAM)                24GB SAMSUNG DDR3 TRI-DDR3 1333MHz (6 X 4GB)
                                                                                    • Graphics Card    1280MB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX470 GDDR5 PCI EXPRESS - DirectX® 11
                                                                                    • 4 x 1TB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 16MB CACHE (7,200rpm)
                                                                                    • 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
                                                                                    • Power Supply & Case Cooling     CORSAIR 850W PSU (TX850) 80+ ULTRA QUIET
                                                                                    • Processor Cooling            TITAN FENRIR EXTREME DIRECT TOUCH COPPER CPU COOLER (£39)
                                                                                    • Sound Card         ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD
                                                                                    Grateful for your views---have I got the balance right?
                                                                                    regards
                                                                                    Barry
                                                                                    1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next