New Here ,
Oct 11, 2010 Oct 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Hey Guys,
  • Running windows 7 32 Bit
  • Web Browser is IE9 32-bit and I tried on the latest Firefox
  • Flash Version: WIN 10,1,85,3
  • Im having an issue of actually being able to play any flash videos.

I have

-Uninstalled download manager and all flash items and reinstalled

-When I download off the site it gives me the error from getplus saying unable to load gui

-I have used seperate links to install to 10.1 and it says it finishes and when I click done and view a video after restarting computer nothing shows up

-I checked my files from previous posts in my system32 Flash folder and I seem to have all those files

-disabled hardware accelleration

-installed using the run as administrator option (I am the adminstrator)

I am out of ideas lol

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
    community guidelines
    Oct 12, 2010 Oct 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Well the first thing I see is that you are running the IE9 beta. Normally that wouldn't be an issue and I'm not sure if it is, however Flash Player works thru the browser. Check in your manage addons and see if there is a Shockwave Flash Object installed and enabled. The version should be the same version of Flash Player you have Installed.

Do this first. Then post back what Anti-Virus you use and list any addons in the browser.

If you like you can check in C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash  and post back the Flash files listed there.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
    community guidelines
    New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah my addons say that it is enabled

and the only anti virus I use is Malwarebytes anti malware and the standard anti virus that comes with Windows 7  if it has one

all the flash files are:

FlashPlayerTrust   folder which contains AcrobatConnect.cfg

Flash10k.ocx

FlashInstall.log

FlashUtil10k_ActiveX.dll

FlashUtil10k_ActiveX.exx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks. Not sure if Win7 has any Anti-Virus, I don't think so. But I'm sure they have the Windows Firewall. MBAM is ok, but it is only Anti-Spyware/Malware, not an Anti-Virus. Do you have the MBAM free version that is just Installed on your Desktop and then run on demand?

Your Flash files are correct. My concern is the Acrobat Connect.cfg. Is there some reason you have that?

Do you have any Acrobat addons in IE? Check Tools, Manage Addons, Toolbars & Extensions. Then look down mid way under "Show" and check all 4 categories. Are there any other Adobe add ons listed (other than for Adobe Reader)?

Now since you originally used the Download manager, look in the add ons for any getplus, get_atlcom Class or DLM Control. I know you said you Uninstalled the DLM and all flash items, but just want to be sure.

Before you Installed Flash Player into any browser, did you use the Uninstaller?

Now it appears you didn't Install Flash Player in Firefox yet, if you want it.

You might want to list all Adobe that you have in Control Panel/Programs & Features, etc.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    community guidelines
    New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The MBAM is the free version and I just run whenever

Honestly I have no idea how or why that got there, and i have no clue what its for

Adobe PDF Link Helper
    Publisher     Adobe Systems, Incorporated
    Status        Enabled
    File date     Friday, February 27, 2009, 12:07 PM
    Version       9.1.0.163
    Load time     0.01

This is the only other file that is in my addons from adobe, but its been there for almost two years now.

I dont seem to see any getplus addons, none that I can see at least

I actually tried to install the flash on firefox but the same thing happens when I download through the link on adobes page that says

(Unable to Load GUI) and its a getplus error

My adobe programs include

-Adobe Air

-Adobe Media Player

-Adobe Acrobat

-Adobe Download Manager

-Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX

Thanks

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks. The problem is that I have no idea where any add ons, bho's, helpers or activeX controls are place in the IE9beta. With the Adobe programs you have Installed and I'm assuming Java I'm sure there are many more addons.

I know where they are in IE6, IE7 and IE8(and they are differently placed) but not the beta. And from what I have read from Microsoft a software update is coming but NOT for the beta. This software update will be for the released version of IE9 before it can be used. So that is in the works.

So, before you Installed the IE9 beta, did you have any problem with IE8 and Flash Player?

The Adobe download manager doesn't seem to work very well with Flash Player. It is supposed to download FP and then disconnect. But 9 times out of 10 it doesn't and then causes issues.

The Download Manager is in the Control Panel/Programs & Features. Now that fact that you received a getplus error, then I would think that getplus is either in Programs & Features or is an add on.

You may want to review IE9 and find out where all of the add ons are so you can find them. I just don't have the time.

Addons conflict with the browser and Flash Player at times. But working with the IE9 beta, I have no way to determine if the add on is conflicting with IE9 or if IE9 is conflicting with the addon since it's a beta. Beta's are a work in progress.

See what you can find out.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, I meant to ask you about Firefox. Download and SAVE this Flash Player Installer for Firefox to your Desktop.

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player.exe 

Close all browsers, you only want to be looking at your Desktop. Disable any apps in the system tray, such as MSN messenger or yahoo or any messenger services.

Run the Installer and when it is finished, Reboot(restart) your computer. Then you can test here and you should be able to see the animation of the Flash logo and it will also display the version of FP that is Installed.

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Perhaps you can have FF working with Flash Player. Also check in the plugins for the Shockwave Flash vs 10.1.85.3 and make sure it is enabled.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Message was edited by: eidnolb   adding link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    community guidelines
    New Here ,
    Oct 13, 2010 Oct 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend you check the issue by playing flash videos on Firefox. Also try by installing the codecs for Windows 7

Visit the below link to download free codecs

http://download.cnet.com/Windows-7-Codec-Pack/3000-13632_4-10965840.html

If you are experiencing sound issues after getting video,

Visit the below link on how to troublehoot no sound issues on flash videos:

http://nosound-troubleshooting.blogspot.com/2010/10/steps-to-resolve-no-sound-while-playing.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Santhosh7, Considering the several issues that Stygyr is dealing with, I don't think Installing additional programs at this time would be helpful. Thanks for your suggestions though. If the only problem was video viewing or sound issues, that would be different.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    community guidelines
    New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey eidnolb,

So i decided that I would try to system restore to before I installed the IE9 Beta.  I actually installed the IE9 beta in hopes that it would have fixed my problem earlier before I posted this a couple days ago.  So when I reinstalled the IE9 beta it somehow fixed it and the flash player works now.

I appreciate all the help you given and for your time and effort

Thanks

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, So then if I'm understanding correctly, you've re-installed IE9 beta and now Flash Player is working.

I know that Microsoft is collecting information from people that are using IE9 beta since the feedback will only make the final release the best it can be. I did read up on some of the new features and it sounds good. I can't use it because I use XP, but the Vista and Win7 users can.

Glad Flash Player is working for you and thanks for the feedback.

Regards,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    community guidelines