Expand my Community achievements bar.

Process variables populating on adobe eForms ES2

Level 2

Hi all,

I've an adobe process with an output integer process variable called StepID and i made a form and want to populate this variable on the form, i've made a WSDL data connection and found the variable in the invoke response but when i put this variable on the form to be bound i found no value of it on the form although the variable has a value in the process.

thanks so much for your time and effort.

BR

7 Replies

Former Community Member

Are you using Reader or Acrobat to display your form?

Paul

Former Community Member

Can you think of a way to validate that the web service is being called? If you built the web service in a LiveCycle server then you coudl turn on Record and Playback and you can validate that your service is being called and returning the result you expect.

There is software that you can load to validate that the call to the web service is being made and that the web service is returning a response. We use something called WireShark and if you are using FireFox browser there is a plugin called FireBug that does the same thing.

Paul

Level 2

I agree with you the Web service is valid as i put a service to write the value of the variable StepID in a txt file and it wrote it correct, but my question here is how to populate this variable or in other words how to retrieve the value of this variable on the eForm in order to do some conditions on its value whether through web service or else. Taking into consideration that the verion of Adobe LC is 9.0.

Thanks paul so much for your time and big effort.

Former Community Member

In the Data connection where you import the wsdl a data tree is created representing the inputs and outputs of the web service. Did you bind these objects to the fields on your form?

Is there security on teh web service?

Is the web service available in the public domain so that I can hit it from here?

Paul

Level 2

Hi paul,

sorry for my late reply, yes i bound the datafield as output , also there is no security on the web service and unfortunately it is not on the public domain it is on private server in addition i didn't call the click event on the invoke button because the WSDL is already invoked from a JAVA servlet also i don't want to invoke it from the eForm just i want to know how i can bind a field in the eform to a process variable even if i don't want to use WSDL data connection if there is another type of connection or variable type or something.

Thanks so much paul for your help.

Former Community Member

If you do not invoke the web service form the form then there will be no data to bind to.....so binding the web service makes no sense. If you are expecting to call the web service from somewhere else then you could create a data file to merge into the template.

Unless I am mis-understanding what you are trying to do.

Paul