• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH8 - HTML Design view is not displaying what the HTML specifies.

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2010 Oct 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently edited a template (Master page) that includes tables. Now the design view of the master page does not correctly display the HTML for that page

and the design view of each page that uses that Master Page displays blank tables. The HTML view includes the content, but the design view does not.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the "Master pages" RH help topic:

When you create a topic using a master page, the body content is placed in the resulting topic. If you apply a master page to an existing topic, the body content is ignored.

Also:

The layout information defined in the master pages is not visible in Design view...You can see the layout when you generate output or a preview.

Good luck,

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the use of Master Pages. The topics were already associated with the Master page that included tables and the

Design view displayed the content perfectly. It wasn't until I edited the color of the cell borders in the Master page that everything went haywire.

As it is now, the design view is completely unusable for me. This adds a layer of inconvenience that is time consuming. I'm just trying to get the design view back to what it was earlier today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 13, 2010 Oct 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

How did you change the color? Did you use the WYSIWYG or did you edit it in HTML view? Can you post the HTML of the table so we can have a look?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp