Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Submit button generates and sends to multiple addresses, but with error message

Level 2

I was successful in manually adding the code to generate multiple addresses to an e-mail:

MultipleAddresses copy.jpg

This is the code:

<event activity="click">
               <submit format="pdf" target="mailto:david.kropf@ucr.edu; andrea.kaus@ucr.edu; martha.ponce@ucr.edu" textEncoding="UTF-16" xdpContent="pdf datasets xfdf"/>
            </event>

This is the error message when opened with reader:

"The document was altered since its creation and the use of "extended features" is no longer available."

I double checked the "extended features" setting BEFORE I sent the document and this is the message I received:

"The document already has enabled usage rights in Adobe Reader.

To remove Reader Enablement, use File>Save a Copy."

Extended.jpg

I did not choose to remove enablement.

Additionally, someone else said to separate the e-mail addresses with commas, but this is the error message it produced:

commas.jpg

So, to reiterate, I'm having trouble regardless if I separate the e-mail addresses with semi-colons or commas.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

When I open the form in Designer it warns me that the RE are being removed. Then I make my changes and save again. Then I have to open it in Acrobat and reapply the rights before sending it out. I am also using version 9.0.0.1 of Designer

Paul

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Level 2

Form e-mailed to you as per your request to my e-mail account. Please check your in box.

Level 2

If this doesn't work, let me if you don't receive this and I'll try sending

it from my work e-mail address. I've heard other people complain lately that

gmail is having "issues."

Former Community Member

I just got your form and tried it here and did not have an issue. I did remove the spaces before the email address in the xml. Do you want

me to post my version of the form here so you can test it?

I made the changes in Designer, then saved the file to my desktop. I opened that file in Acrobat and applied the usage rights. When asked I saved the file under a different file name. Then I opened that new file in Reader and it all worked just fine.

Paul

Former Community Member

I'm using Reader 8 ....I no longer have Reader 7. Try this version.

Paul

Level 2

Curiously -- I can neither save nor open the form. I tried unblocking all pop ups -- still no luck.

Wait -- finally grabbed it.

Level 2

I'm sending the attachment you uploaded to our webmaster for testing. The one thing I can't understand is why it works for you to enable reader rights after you've made changes in LiveCyle. When I do that, I get an error message saying that Reader rights are ALREADY enabled.

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

When I open the form in Designer it warns me that the RE are being removed. Then I make my changes and save again. Then I have to open it in Acrobat and reapply the rights before sending it out. I am also using version 9.0.0.1 of Designer

Paul

Level 2

Remove Enable.jpg

Okay, so maybe I'm misunderstanding this message. I interpret it as saying: "Reader rights are already working. You don't have to do anything."

But, in fact, is what I'm supposed to be doing is go through the steps of saving a copy, reopening that copy, applying reader enablement to the newly saved copy?

I've got Designer and Acrobat 8.0.

Former Community Member

So why not go ahead and Save as something else to remove them, then go through the process again. It might be because I am using a newer version of both Designer and Acrobat than you.

Paul

Level 2

Yes -- the save as with a different name is the step you have to take. When I did that it removed the current reader rights, which allowed me to reapply the rights after I reopened the doc. So, different versions are not the issue. I didn't understand the message.

That takes care of the proper procedure for making the form Reader Enabled. I did not know this had to be done each time you edited in Designer.

Now, I'm waiting for our webmaster to test out the form that you posted on this forum.

Thank you for your help. I'll get back to you if need be, but I hope we're on our way to a solution now.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----