Expand my Community achievements bar.

Query Multiple Rows As Xml Exception

Level 3

Hi all, I got a interesting exception when retrieving multiple rows from a DB2 database and returning the result as xml.

The app server is weblogic.

ALC-DSC-119-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.util.InvalidCoercionException: Cannot coerce object

escape illegal characters: true of type: com.adobe.idp.dsc.jdbc.bean.XmlDocumentInfoBean to type: class com.adobe.idp.dsc.jdbc.bean.XmlDocumentInfoBean

Could there be some problem in the way i do the mapping in the activity output section?

9 Replies

Former Community Member

1) What version of DB2?

2) What JDBC driver you are using?

3) What data types are in the table you are querying?

4) What data types are you mapping to in the query output?

Steve

Level 3

Thanks for the prompt reply my replies below

1) What version of DB2?

2) What JDBC driver you are using?

Version 3.57.82 db2jcc.jar

3) What data types are in the table you are querying?

varchar

4) What data types are you mapping to in the query output?

the query output is xml so in the xml document info editor I can't find any way to specify data types mapping

Former Community Member

Hmmm. The only thing that stands out is the driver. The officially supported DB2 driver is db2jcc.jar 3.50.152.

As a rule varchar's map pretty cleanly. When you say 'the query output is xml so in the xml document info editor I can't find any way to specify data types mapping', what element level data types are you mapping to in the xml document?

Steve

Level 3

Do you happened to have a copy of the driver? IBM website shows the supported version but doesn't provide any download links to it

Former Community Member

It is distributed with ES2 in the folder C:\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES2\lib\db\db2.

Steve

Level 3

yeah I take back my thanks it still doesn't work I have attached a sample lca which I used to test and the weblogic log

The jar works with jboss just fine

Former Community Member

Non-employees can no longer attach files given the behaviour of hackers. Please send the .lca to stwalker.adobe@gmail.com.

Steve