• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why my fla. animation stops at a certain point after previewing it in captivate 3

Oct 13, 2010 Oct 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have developed an animation using flash CS3. The animation works fine in flash (test movie, and published swf). When I inserted the fla. (insert animation) in my Captivate 3 slide, it stops at the exact same point each time while previewing the animation through the web browser. I have read on this blog that it may be a button or other objects on the slide that has a timer set. I checked the timeline. All of my objects are set at 11 seconds. There are rollovers on the same slide. I have tried to inserting a click box with the "pause project until user clicks" option, syncing the fps, redoing the flash animation and nothing works.

Can anyone help me on this?

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 13, 2010 Oct 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

It may depend on how you created the animation in Flash. Is the animation supposed to loop? If so, did you animate on the main timeline? If you did, that may explain it. You need to animate in something called a "Movie Clip", then insert the Movie Clip on your main Flash timeline.

And thus I have managed to totally expend any knowledge I possess regarding Flash. Most of it is a mystery, in a fog of an enigma, cloaked in a conundrum.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Begin learning Captivate 5 moments from now! $29.95

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources